Turn on thread page Beta

Year 9’s, what did you pick for your options? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’ll start off with mine.

These are the compulsory options my school gave us, for the final two I had to pick between history/geography and French/German.

English Literature
    English Language
    Maths
    Triple Science
    RE
    German
    Geography

These are my 4 options which I’ll be doing 2 of, my school made us rank them based off preferences (1-4, 1 being most preferred) and we should get our first two, but there’s a possibility we might not get them, so we have a 3rd or 4th.

They are as follows:

1. Economics -had to put this as 1st since it’s a new subjects and we have to do that.
    2. Computer Science - would switch with 1 for my actual preference
    3. Graphics - thought its a chill subject
    4. DT - had no other option plus I’m not doing another language or history.

I want computer science the most, I’ll be heart broken if I don’t get it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 atm and i got all the subjects i chose, you will definitely get them unless enough people haven't chose the subject otherwise they will drop it.
    Compulsory: English Literature, English language, maths, RE, combined science
    Options: Health and social care (regret), Business and geography ( big regret)

ReputationRep:
    There is only very few cases where they will refuse you the option that you want. If this is a case, they will talk to you and ask you whether you are willing to pick another option. You are within right to refuse to change your option. You just say that (if its Computer Science) that none of the options appeal to you and you intend on getting a job that requires Computer Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 515)
    There is only very few cases where they will refuse you the option that you want. If this is a case, they will talk to you and ask you whether you are willing to pick another option. You are within right to refuse to change your option. You just say that (if its Computer Science) that none of the options appeal to you and you intend on getting a job that requires Computer Science.
    That’s why we have more preferences, if they refuse me CS, then I’ll do graphics.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.