Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Questions for the Prime minister

Prime minister PetrosAS will be answering questions in this thread for 48 hours.

3) Members are free to debate with one another in the thread but they have a limit as to how many questions they can ask the Prime Minister.
    i) Ordinary users may ask two questions with two follow-ups.
    ii) MPs may ask four questions, with a follow-up question for each.
    iii) The Leader of the Opposition may ask six questions, with a follow-up question for each.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker

Can I congratulate my Right Honourable friend on his election to leader of the Liberal Party, and his promotion to the position of Prime Minister. I have no doubt he will do an excellent job. Could the Prime Minister outline this Government's response to the revelation that it is "highly likely" Russia was behind the probe, and whether we can expect a statement to the house on the actions that your Government will take.

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly does the Prime Minister believe that the country should trust somebody with poor enough judgement to like Oasis to occupy such a position of power?

ReputationRep:
    With the evidence that one of your coalition partners has attempted to create fraudulent evidence to hurt your other coalition partner and his plan of ousting the liber leader was exposed does the pm have any concerns with working with Connor?

Along with the rest of the rule breaking where it was exposed he was more involved with than anyone else knew

ReputationRep:
    Question number one, Mr Speaker.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

Surely all members of this house will join me in giving our thoughts and prayers towards the friends and families of all those affected by the atrocious attack that took place in Salisbury. Surely all members will condemn Russia (including the Rt hon pm) if it is found that they were involved in the attack.

However, it has come to my attention that this government is an outright failure, they have failed to clarify their position on the NHS and homeland security and they seem to be reusing policies that have previously failed in the house (like NIT, merging income tax with NIC). It seems that this government has inevitably run out of ideas, they have blatantly discredited some cabinet positions such as justice and home. I ask the Pm, what will he do to keep our country safe from terrorism and mass uncontrolled immigration?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Mr Speaker,

Can I congratulate the Prime Minister on belatedly getting the gig, and begin by asking him what he thinks are the key differences between his party and his coalition partners?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

I would like to congratulate my right honourable friend PetrosAC on becoming Prime Minister.

My question: what has surprised you the most on becoming Prime Minister?

ReputationRep:
    Point of Order!

Mr Speaker can you outline the procedure for how many questions back bench MPs can ask? I know in the past their have been limits on this area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Why exactly does the Prime Minister believe that the country should trust somebody with poor enough judgement to like Oasis to occupy such a position of power?
    Can I ask the Prime Minister whether he prefers the solo music of Noel or Liam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    Mr Speaker,

Surely all members of this house will join me in giving our thoughts and prayers towards the friends and families of all those affected by the atrocious attack that took place in Salisbury. Surely all members will condemn Russia (including the Rt hon pm) if it is found that they were involved in the attack.

However, it has come to my attention that this government is an outright failure, they have failed to clarify their position on the NHS and homeland security and they seem to be reusing policies that have previously failed in the house (like NIT, merging income tax with NIC). It seems that this government has inevitably run out of ideas, they have blatantly discredited some cabinet positions such as justice and home. I ask the Pm, what will he do to keep our country safe from terrorism and mass uncontrolled immigration?
    It’s ironic that you call out this government on national security policy, when I’m the most active Defence Secretary since the 23rd Parliament (that includes a full 12 months of Labour Government.)

Opposition for opposition’s sake is just puerile and silly.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister agree with me that our public transport services, such as National Rail and TfL services (such as the London Underground) should be made essential services?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Point of Order!

Mr Speaker can you outline the procedure for how many questions back bench MPs can ask? I know in the past their have been limits on this area.
    Sorry, this ended up being a little rushed as I only remembered the vote review at the last second! I'll edit it into the OP.

3) Members are free to debate with one another in the thread but they have a limit as to how many questions they can ask the Prime Minister.
    i) Ordinary users may ask two questions with two follow-ups.
    ii) MPs may ask four questions, with a follow-up question for each.
    iii) The Leader of the Opposition may ask six questions, with a follow-up question for each.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Would the Prime Minister agree with me that High Speed Rail should be extended to the North East and Scotland?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It seems that this government has inevitably run out of ideas, they have blatantly discredited some cabinet positions such as justice and home.
    I would like to ask you why you think this is the case.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I didn’t know we had an PetrosAS, I only know of our Rt. Honourable friend, PetrosAC. I must once again extend my congratulations to the prime minister, and ask how ambitious would you describe yourself in terms of policy, bearing in mind we have 3 months to achieve it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker,

I’d ask the Honourable user to be patient, for our policy on the NHS will become apparent coming up soon, like many of our policies. Without giving too much away from my colleagues, the Home Secretary and the Defence Secretary, our policies on immigration and safety will certainly be pragmatic and will prioritise the nation’s safety.
    Though not to steal from our prime minister’s credit, I’ll leave it to his discretion on how he’d like to elaborate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I would like to ask you why you think this is the case.
    Because of the fact that the liberal and libertarian party making little or no mention of it in their respective manifestos and the PM refusing to answer questions on this subject.

(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    I’d ask the Honourable user to be patient, for our policy on the NHS will become apparent coming up soon, like many of our policies.
    Patient? This is a PmQ's surely this is the time to be transparent on your policies rather than hide it from the opposition.

Without giving too much away from my colleagues, the Home Secretary and the Defence Secretary, our policies on immigration and safety will certainly be pragmatic and will prioritise the nation’s safety.
    Though not to steal from our prime minister’s credit, I’ll leave it to his discretion on how he’d like to elaborate
    This vague answer is the exact problem I have with this government.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mr Speaker,

3 Liberal MPs failed to vote in favour of the Welfare Modernisation Bill which was aiming to implement Negative Income Tax, the policy I'm aware this government wants to pursue. Does the Prime Minister really believe that Negative Income Tax can be achieved even if he cannot get his own MPs to support not just government policy, but also his party policy seeing that it was also included in the manifesto?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because of the fact that the liberal and libertarian party making little or no mention of it in their respective manifestos and the PM refusing to answer questions on this subject.
    We will be releasing a Queen's Speech in the next day or two which will outline our government's policies in detail, including the policies related to those departments.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.