Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Both Parties have been pragmatic in our approach towards taxation. We will be evaluating the situation as the term progresses.
    So can we expect any tax policy announcements in the Queen's Speech that has been promised?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    *KS2 SATs... KS3 one’s were abolished 8 years ago I believe my dear Prime minister. A slight slip of tongue does no harm.
    But yes the house is to see an extensive education policy soon enough
    I thank my Right Honourable Friend for the correction, he is indeed correct (and I now feel old )

ReputationRep:
    Any person suspected of being a Jihadist fighter returning to the United Kingdom will be arrested on arrival and put in temporary detention until they can be put on trial.

I have already said that I am not willing to discuss issues that have happened behind closed doors.
    The question was about something that happened in public your party’s double standards now that you have got power, now please answer the question that was asked it is not a behind closed doors issue, what is the reason for the double standards?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    So can we expect any tax policy announcements in the Queen's Speech that has been promised?
    There will be some tax policies in the Queen's Speech.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Joep95)
    The question was about something that happened in public your party’s double standards now that you have got power, now please answer the question that was asked it is not a behind closed doors issue, what is the reason for the double standards?
    There are no double standards
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr speaker,
    In such turbulent times regarding foreign policy, can I get the Prime Minister's assurances that the Foreign office will be suitably funded, and that this government will be commited to the jewel that is British diplomacy?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some Members of my party disliked the way the bill would be implemented rather than the idea behind it itself. Once we work on implementing the policy in a way the whole Government agrees with, I'm sure we will have no such issues in passing the policy.
    If they did then why did they not comment on the bill during the reading stages and suggest better ways of implementing it?... Not one of them suggested amendments to the bill.

I'm not convinced, if they wanted it to be implemented in a better way they would have commented on it and gave suggestions but they did not which does not help convince me that they didn't oppose it because of the idea itself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you. This morning I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others. In addition to my duties in the House, I shall have further such meetings later today.
    I thank the Honourable Member for his question and I wish to reflect the sentiment expressed regarding the shocking event in Salisbury.

I think it is incredibly harsh to call a Government that's been formed for 3 days a failure and I suggest that the Honourable Member, whilst not wishing to curb his passion, calms down somewhat. I believe we have made our position on the NHS quite clear, with the intended introduction of the NHIS. I'll also add that just because a policy may fail or not pass once does not mean it should be abandoned - your party's own Bottle Deposit Bill was presented to this House on two other occasions, authored by a Liberal (Birchington) on the first occasion (I think the 2nd occasion too but I'd need to check).

I also completely disagree with the suggestion that we have discredited cabinet positions such as Justice and Home, I look forward to the relevant Ministers introducing new legislation in these departments.
    I thank Rt hon PM for his response, but you have failed to comment on whether you would condemn Russia if they were found to be involved in the attack.
    Let me get this straight you are claiming that your position on the NHS has not changed from the one that you proposed in your manifesto, despite going into government with a party that wishes to abolish it?

You might deny that you haven't discredited those two positions, but in reality you have. You have made little or no mention of it in both of your respective manifestos, however I will wait to see your Queen's speech which I hope you will deal with the problem of judiciary and homeland security.

On the question the Honourable member poses, I want to say straight away that the country does not need "protecting" from uncontrolled mass migration. Migration is not a curse, it is a blessing. The pressures apparently caused by it are caused by inactivity from Governments and Private companies and their lack of action in building more homes, more hospitals, more schools and better infrastructure. In terms of terrorism, our security services do an incredible job in keeping us safe and it's important to recognise that. There will not be a shift in how they are run because of the exceptional job they do.

I am however worried by the fact that the Honourable member seems to link terrorism with mass migration, which I find extremely disappointing.
    Pray, tell how our country does not need protection from mass uncontrolled immigration? How can our country sustain our public services with a net migration of 300,000 a year?
    Migration might be a blessing but when it is uncontrolled it is indeed a curse.

I asked the Rt hon PM what would he do to keep our country safe, but makes no mention of any policies that would protect us from terrorism. I would also like to ask the PM to apologise for misrepresenting me and claiming that I had somehow made a link between immigration and terrorism, when I had done no such thing.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Mr speaker,
    In such turbulent times regarding foreign policy, can I get the Prime Minister's assurances that the Foreign office will be suitably funded, and that this government will be commited to the jewel that is British diplomacy?
    I can certainly assure my Right Honourable Friend that the Foreign Office will be suitably funded and that this Government is committed to diplomacy.

(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    If they did then why did they not comment on the bill during the reading stages and suggest better ways of implementing it?... Not one of them suggested amendments to the bill.

I'm not convinced, if they wanted it to be implemented in a better way they would have commented on it and gave suggestions but they did not which does not help convince me that they didn't oppose it because of the idea itself.
    If you're not convinced now, you will not be convinced until we take action.

(Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    I thank Rt hon PM for his response, but you have failed to comment on whether you would condemn Russia if they were found to be involved in the attack.
    Let me get this straight you are claiming that your position on the NHS has not changed from the one that you proposed in your manifesto, despite going into government with a party that wishes to abolish it?

You might deny that you haven't discredited those two positions, but in reality you have. You have made little or no mention of it in both of your respective manifestos, however I will wait to see your Queen's speech which I hope you will deal with the problem of judiciary and homeland security.

Pray, tell how our country does not need protection from mass uncontrolled immigration? How can our country sustain our public services with a net migration of 300,000 a year?
    Migration might be a blessing but when it is uncontrolled it is indeed a curse.

I asked the Rt hon PM what would he do to keep our country safe, but makes no mention of any policies that would protect us from terrorism. I would also like to ask the PM to apologise for misrepresenting me and claiming that I had somehow made a link between immigration and terrorism, when I had done no such thing.
    I can confirm that we will condemn Russia if they are found to be involved in the attack.

I can again confirm that our NHS policy is the policy put forward in the Liberal Manifesto.

The Queen's Speech will reassure you adequately, I'm sure.

By not neglecting their duties in building more homes, hospitals, schools and funding better infrastructure.

You asked one question and included mass migration and terrorism in that question. One would naturally assume that you have linked them. I'm glad to hear that this is not the case. On Terrorism, there will be no changes from current policy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mr Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister intend to put the Queen's Speech to a vote, ensuring that the smallest government to form in years gets the confidence of the House? And if he does, how will he receive support from outside the government to allow the passage?

ReputationRep:
    4% of the UK Population applied for tickets to Knebworth. That's all you need to know
    4% must surely be the lowest approval rating of any PM on the date of first PMQs?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    4% must surely be the lowest approval rating of any PM on the date of first PMQs?
    I don't know, there are probably enough people that hate Damon Albarn so naturally opt to back Oasis instead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

May I ask the Prime Minister what steps will Her Majesty's government take to avoid a coalition collapse?

One might say the new prime minister is an expert on collapsed coalitions:

2018 Tory-led coalition: Home Secretary / Deputy Leader and Acting Leader
    2015 Green-led coalition: Business Secretary / Party Chair and Acting Leader
    2015 Labour-led coalition: Work and Pensions, Business Secretary / Party Chair

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

I'd like to congratulate the Prime Minister PetrosAC on his appointment - I hope he enjoys experiencing government on the other side of the coin as leader of the senior partner for once.

Does the right honourable gentleman agree with me that in order to stop the clear perception of us as a pushover, Britain must be proactive in responding to the act of Russian military aggression that took place recently on British soil, recognising that toothless condemnations have no effect and that we must now do what we can to hurt Russia, ranging from the seizure of the assets held in this country by Vladimir Putin's cronies to being prepared to return the attack in kind if necessary?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speak,

I'd like to ask the Prime Minister, What his views on Britain leaving the European Union are?

I'd also like to ask the Prime Minister, What action will he and the government will take if Russia is found responsible for Sailsbury incident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    Mr Speak,

I'd like to ask the Prime Minister, What his views on Britain leaving the European Union are?

I'd also like to ask the Prime Minister, What action will he and the government will take if Russia is found responsible for Sailsbury incident?
    I refer my honourable friend to an answer which have already been given, in that the Government will make a statement to this house once Theresa May has made her statement to the house of commons tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker

Will my right honourable friend divulge to the house what this Government's buzzword / phrase will be. In the past we have had 'an economy fit for the future' and 'strong and stable' to name a few. I am sure the whole house would welcome some much needed clarity on whaty ou would like your back bench MPs to bring out every time we open our mouths .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I refer my honourable friend to an answer which have already been given, in that the Government will make a statement to this house once Theresa May has made her statement to the house of commons tomorrow.
    I though it was Prime Ministers Questions but thanks for the answer to question 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    I though it was Prime Ministers Questions but thanks for the answer to question 2.
    I just wondered whether the limited use of questions may be used on something more productive then answering questions that have already been asked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I just wondered whether the limited use of questions may be used on something more productive then answering questions that have already been asked
    It's the big issue at the moment so I thought I'd ask, my main question is the Brexit question .

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.