Turn on thread page Beta

Speakers Statement: Capital Punishment Referendum watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I'd like to make it clear that, if campaign leaders agree, I and no other members of the press team will be in both usergroups, barring the speaker.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I assume there’s a delay on the leadership elections for each side DayneD89?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    I assume there’s a delay on the leadership elections for each side DayneD89?
    Yes, I'll be letting people into the group's today so there will be a 3 day delay on the election dates in the OP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Yes, I'll be letting people into the group's today so there will be a 3 day delay on the election dates in the OP.
    I'm assuming we're going to be looking at another delay given For still points to the government sub so we will need another day of purges etc
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I'm assuming we're going to be looking at another delay given For still points to the government sub so we will need another day of purges etc
    I only let a few people into each group, so hopefully this will still be fixed today.

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to the referendum and the debates beforehand.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I only let a few people into each group, so hopefully this will still be fixed today.
    Given the CT ****ing up (again) has distrupted the timeline could we please have a revised timeline?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Given the CT ****ing up (again) has distrupted the timeline could we please have a revised timeline?
    I'll edit the OP when I get home, but the only dates that will change are those for the elections for the leadership teams, with all dates going forward 4 days iirc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'll edit the OP when I get home, but the only dates that will change are those for the elections for the leadership teams, with all dates going forward 4 days iirc.
    So the leadership team will have less than 24 hours to prepare for the first set of questions as a leadership team?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    So the leadership team will have less than 24 hours to prepare for the first set of questions as a leadership team?
    As a leadership team, yes. That first debate is still over two weeks away so I think there is plenty of time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What I tried to post earlier didn't post so let's try again

Mr Speaker, this has been an utter shambles. While the UG related stuff wasn't your fault your general handling has been poor with barely any dissemination of information. First time MPs are reminded of the need to apply to UGs is the day before the leadership election process starts with no link to the UG page being given, remember that it is not easy to access anymore, and with no note stating that just because they had applied before doesn't mean they still have the application or were accepted owing to the UG purges.

As a consequence when it came to sending your "campaign leader" PMs my understanding is both UGs were underpopulated meaning that members who were not in the UG last Friday might have been unaware that it was happening, on top of this you forgot to send them until late and didn't even set out what the manifesto restrictions were. Another statement was included in the mass PM on Saturday.

Then we get the manifestos being put up with them being posted in the wrong subforums and then moved with you not even bothering to check the polls were still up and not realising they were not there until the day after, on top of this there was not a PM sent out informing people that the vote had started, once again relying on people to pay attention when many cannot be bothered to do so.

All in all this has been shambolic, what do you intend to do next to show poor administration of the referendum?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.