Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Of course school is a fundamental aspect of development in the early stages of life, but it's just starting to feel pointless.

Why should I go to school for 7 hours a day to complete some work that will take maximum 3 hours to do? I know teachers help to understand some aspects and that's OK but I feel like so much time is wasted, 7 hours a day or 5 days a week - something feel wrong..

For instance, last week we were doing revision before our mocks. On Tuesday I had 3 lessons, 1.5 hours each. We got through just about a topic per subject! I could have this done at home much faster with time to memorise, practice and extracurricular stuff.

It's also infuriating how we complete such pointless tasks at school, like using "modelling clay".. what even
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Traore)
    Of course school is a fundamental aspect of development in the early stages of life, but it's just starting to feel pointless.

Why should I go to school for 7 hours a day to complete some work that will take maximum 3 hours to do? I know teachers help to understand some aspects and that's OK but I feel like so much time is wasted, 7 hours a day or 5 days a week - something feel wrong..

For instance, last week we were doing revision before our mocks. On Tuesday I had 3 lessons, 1.5 hours each. We got through just about a topic per subject! I could have this done at home much faster with time to memorise, practice and extracurricular stuff.

It's also infuriating how we complete such pointless tasks at school, like using "modelling clay".. what even
    Sometimes its better to bend with the wind.
    Your teachers are assets if you know how to get the most out of them.
    Ask your parents to be home schooled if you feel that will work or get exceptional scores to get into a top sixth form or uni.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.