Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is it like 1-2 months till my GCSE’s and I still have NO motivation and have NOT started revising!!!!My grades aren’t too bad at the moment but I need help with what to do

if your in year 11 and are doing your GCSEs will you please indicate what your grades are and how well you are planning on doing, because I keep saying my schools really bad for education however I have no idea where other schools are at

ReputationRep:
    i would advise you to create a study planner before you do anything else.
    do lots of practise questions
    flashcards- get people to test you on them
    create a mindmap then move it away and try doing it again from memory

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste time in TSR and study (how to study depends on subject and each topic of the subject)
    )

ReputationRep:
    better get back to science revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzyy02)
    Why is it like 1-2 months till my GCSE’s and I still have NO motivation and have NOT started revising!!!!My grades aren’t too bad at the moment but I need help with what to do
    Most of my grades are level 8 and 9 and, quite frankly, I have little motivation to revise as well. The best way is to experiment different ways of revising to find the way that best suits you.
    The main problem I have is that I see it as more of a chore. But, revision doesn't have to be intense. Half an hour a day is ample to start with. Make sure to never revise for over an hour in one go, otherwise you wont take anything in. Regular breaks are advised.
    One way that helps a lot of people is to get others to revise with, or give your self incentives to revise (If you revise for half an hour, you reward yourself).
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanb-h)
    i would advise you to create a study planner before you do anything else.
    do lots of practise questions
    flashcards- get people to test you on them
    create a mindmap then move it away and try doing it again from memory
    I have made myself a study time table but am not following it, flash cards are good but I feel like I’ll be loosing a lot of time making them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hammad(214508))
    Don't waste time in TSR and study (how to study depends on subject and each topic of the subject)
    )
    At the moment all I’m doing is repeating quizzes on bbc bite size until I get 10/10 is this actually helping????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanb-h)
    better get back to science revision
    Funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 515)
    Most of my grades are level 8 and 9 and, quite frankly, I have little motivation to revise as well. The best way is to experiment different ways of revising to find the way that best suits you.
    The main problem I have is that I see it as more of a chore. But, revision doesn't have to be intense. Half an hour a day is ample to start with. Make sure to never revise for over an hour in one go, otherwise you wont take anything in. Regular breaks are advised.
    One way that helps a lot of people is to get others to revise with, or give your self incentives to revise (If you revise for half an hour, you reward yourself).
    Hope this helps
    but do you actually feel the need to revise with getting level 8-9
    My grades aren’t that high,around grade 6 and because that’s passing I feel no motivation to be revising even though I could achieve higher!

ReputationRep:
    First things first, do not stress out. Alright, so I basically studied a day before for all my IGCSE’s yeah, barely touched a past paper. I managed to get all A’s and A*’s. The thing is, it depends on how much you’ve done throughout the year.. we had atleast two tests a week. It was super stressful. But thanks to that, we were so thorough with all the portion. So if you’re in the same situation, don’t worry. But still, this part is just to help you remain stress-free. You still should really really try studying. Be confident just the right amount. Make a study schedule. And surround yourself with the right kind of friends right now, too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    but do you actually feel the need to revise with getting level 8-9
    My grades aren’t that high,around grade 6 and because that’s passing I feel no motivation to be revising even though I could achieve higher!
    I feel like I should revise because there is no way I have remembered anywhere near as much as what I have been taught. I do it so I don't open the paper up and see a few crucial questions that are worth lots of marks that I can't answer. I find half an hour to an hour a day to be sufficient for me, just to recap and remember this things that I have forgot over the years.

ReputationRep:
    try listening to GCSE pod and taking notes it'll feel more lesson like, so wont feel too revision orientated but it's still a step in the right direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildecho32)
    First things first, do not stress out. Alright, so I basically studied a day before for all my IGCSE’s yeah, barely touched a past paper. I managed to get all A’s and A*’s. The thing is, it depends on how much you’ve done throughout the year.. we had atleast two tests a week. It was super stressful. But thanks to that, we were so thorough with all the portion. So if you’re in the same situation, don’t worry. But still, this part is just to help you remain stress-free. You still should really really try studying. Be confident just the right amount. Make a study schedule. And surround yourself with the right kind of friends right now, too.
    Thankyou but it’s safe to say I’m no where near in this situation,although my grades are toooo bad but school have been so bad I feel with sorting us out so have no clue where I even need to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20emily02)
    try listening to GCSE pod and taking notes it'll feel more lesson like, so wont feel too revision orientated but it's still a step in the right direction
    Gcse pod is so bad for me and I only feel it works for spanish, right now I am doing quizzes on bbc bite size over and over until I get it all right,however who knows if it’s working

ReputationRep:

I also feel like I should be stressed and worried,but I feel NOTHING towards them at all

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same position when I was doing my GCSEs. Luckily, I managed to do okay, with one B and the remaining As and A*s, but I know I could have done better if I had actually revised. But damn I was unmotivated as hell.

I'm doing A-levels now and I do three hours of revision a day, whereas in GCSE i did an hour a week! Things that help me:

Music!! I get easily distracted when revising, so listening to my favourite songs (I avoid the ones with the fastest tempo) encouraged me.

Going through exam papers is ESSENTIAL. It's one thing to know the content, its a whole different thing to know which key words will get you marks for specific exam questions.

^I was always told to do that in GCSE and never did it because uuugggghhhh. I've found that it helps to get together with friends at breaks or weekends. It's likely that you'll get distracted talking occasionally, but it's easier to stay on track when you've gone out of your way to make plans.

Also, it's pretty easy to get home and immediately end up going on your phone, and once you do, it's impossible to motivate yourself to be productive. It might be more effective to start revising the second you get home. Like, don't even get changed or go to your room, just sit at the dining room table and do an hour of revision.

This one depends on what your morning routine is like, but I always have at least half an hour free before I leave for college. Instead of going early or spending that time on your phone, get ready as quickly as possible and then spend whatever time you have before leaving to do some quick revision. Particularly effective if you quickly recap any work you did the day before!

Good luck with your exams!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.