Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I’ve got my tesco induction this weekend and have no clue what to wear. Can anyway give any advice please. I have shirts and ties but is this too formal for an induction?

Also, can anyone give any tips on what might be included, how the days will run etc.

Any advice welcomed!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by olliel2001)
    Hi all,

I’ve got my tesco induction this weekend and have no clue what to wear. Can anyway give any advice please. I have shirts and ties but is this too formal for an induction?

Also, can anyone give any tips on what might be included, how the days will run etc.

Any advice welcomed!
    Ask your manager. You don't want to turn up in the wrong kind of clothes, but they may request that you wear something more comfortable or more specific depending on what you're doing
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by olliel2001)
    Hi all,

Any advice welcomed!
    i wore the same sort of clothes i wore for the interview for my induction since you are technically an employee, though for the 2nd day some people went more casual.

first day was spent watching health and safety videos and filling out forms- a bit dull tbh

second day was better- a few forms to do that we didn't manage to do the previous day and then we did some work on the shop floor, then spent the afternoon doing till training

ReputationRep:
    That’s brilliant, many thanks to both of you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.