Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Silverline Modelling Agency Scam watch

(This is not a question, just didn’t know where else to post it)

If you are approached by anyone who represents ‘silverline models’ DO NOT BE FOOLED! I had someone add me on Facebook called ‘Jody Louise’ who CLAIMED to be a representative and a scout for ‘Silverline’. There was me thinking ‘omg I’m a model, don’t touch me, don’t even look at me’.

So, after chatting to Jody, (who by the way was rude as HECK and extremely blunt) she told me she found me through my StarNow profile (which I had just set up that morning) so part of me was like okkkkk... this is a bit soon) but the other part of me was like BRING IT TO THE RUNWAY RUNRUNRUNRUNWAY!!

She asked me to look at their website which looked legit, however there were no talent profiles available to view because the site was under construction, she also asked me to send my portfolio pictures to an email address she gave me, which I did. (They were the same photos available on my StarNow profile so she could’ve just found them on there but whatev).

Then about 3 hours later she messaged me again saying that she had a shoot in Swansea (I’m Gloucestershire based so that’s not 1 million miles away for me) I was like YAS GURL GIMMIE DIS JOB! But i still wanted to be cautious as I’ve never really done this kind of thing before... SO I was like girl you’re gunna have to give me more deets.

She explained that it was a payed job and it was £1100 (to which i was like pppp peanut butter) but I would have to pay £500 for costume and accommodation.......

I then explained that I had friends and family in Swansea and that I could just stay with them to which she replied ‘no, all talent stays in me place’ which got me thinking this was some kinda HUNGER GAMES!

So I was like girlfriend... r u sure about urself? Ur gunna need me to send me a contract because this is not lookin’ cute.

She refused to send me a contract and said I either needed to get someone to visit their NY offices to check they weren’t some kinda homeless ***** trolls.

And by this point I was like HEEEELLL NAAAAWWW! so I googled them and found a few other forums where people were talking about being scammed in similar ways by other modelling agencies.

Don’t accept any messages or friend requests from this hoe. She a thirsty Rigga-Morris beetch!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.