Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I’ve been allocated into the Scotland deanery for foundation years. I was wondering if anyone currently working in Glasgow could give some info on the different hospitals in the West programmes (not Dumfries or Ayr). I haven’t studied in Scotland so unsure if there’s any hospitals I should particularly avoid or aim for!
    Thanks

(Original post by 1overcosc)
    Hello!

I’ve been allocated into the Scotland deanery for foundation years. I was wondering if anyone currently working in Glasgow could give some info on the different hospitals in the West programmes (not Dumfries or Ayr). I haven’t studied in Scotland so unsure if there’s any hospitals I should particularly avoid or aim for!
    Thanks
    Stay well clear of Inverclyde.

I know you are not considering Dumfries, but everyone I know who has worked there has loved it. They also provide free accommodation for foundation doctors.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies both! I do like Dumfries as a place but would prefer to live in Glasgow for both years! If there’s any other advice about hospitals, it will be gratefully received!

(Original post by 1overcosc)
    Thanks for your replies both! I do like Dumfries as a place but would prefer to live in Glasgow for both years! If there’s any other advice about hospitals, it will be gratefully received!
    Ok what kind of thing are you looking for?

One persons preferences can be another persons nightmare... give us some specifics about the kind of things you're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    I’m looking for rotations that have some time in a DGH and some in a main hospital. I’ve heard varying things about GRI- I don’t mind busy but it depends if people enjoy it despite that or if it’s hell. I’m also looking at forth valley/QEUH jobs and Crosshouse/QEUH jobs. Mostly looking at programmes that have an O&G rotation so any info on which hospitals have good O&G jobs for juniors would be good

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.