Turn on thread page Beta

I know this seems petty but I am absolutely sick and tired of studying so much for A level Biology and Chemistry and still getting Bs (even recently a D in chemistry!) It is not my revision technique, I know that I am working as hard as I can and as productively as I can. It's simply the fact that I am not naturally good at maths and science. I really want to study medicine but I fear that I will never be as clever or as smart as everyone else when they don't have to study half as much but still do so much better! I have two and a half months left to somehow get 2 A's and I dont know if I can survive it at this point

ReputationRep:
    Okay, in all honesty you should be getting at least B’s at this point. You can easily do this by thoroughly learning the content (easy said than done, I know), but I also do Bio and Chem as am aiming for Medicine, and manage to learn the content(but there’s a few topics I need to go over). Read the spec and see if you are able to talk about, in depth, the points written.

Then...practice practice practice! You are obviously ‘able’ if you have the right grades so far for medicine.

Just don’t get yourself worked up or you will stress out and it’ll go haywire. Revise in chunks and ensure to cover everything at least twice from now until June.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No point in stressing about it. Just have to keep going and hope for the best.

(Original post by sportyegg)
    Okay, in all honesty you should be getting at least B’s at this point. You can easily do this by thoroughly learning the content (easy said than done, I know), but I also do Bio and Chem as am aiming for Medicine, and manage to learn the content(but there’s a few topics I need to go over). Read the spec and see if you are able to talk about, in depth, the points written.

Then...practice practice practice! You are obviously ‘able’ if you have the right grades so far for medicine.

Just don’t get yourself worked up or you will stress out and it’ll go haywire. Revise in chunks and ensure to cover everything at least twice from now until June.
    Okay thanks. I think I'm just stressing myself over nothing at the moment because of mocks. thanks for your advice!

ReputationRep:
    You have some time to turn things around..but honestly if you’re struggling then i think you should reconsider studying medicine? it’s a hard course and you might not make it through the whole course.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.