Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any other Access or mature students planning to head into an engineering degree?

If so, what kind of engineering?

And how are your studies going so far?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Smooth Sailing)
    Any other Access or mature students planning to head into an engineering degree?

If so, what kind of engineering?

And how are your studies going so far?
    Do plan ahead and check your target Engineering courses dont also require maths A level.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im a mature student who began a degree in civil engineering. I complete 3rd year in May. So far its been ok, alot of self study and stamina required to keep going. Being a mature student, Ive had to spend alot of time revising secondary school subjects to get the principles such as trigonometry and algebra etc..... if theres anything else you want to know- happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash2015)
    Hi, Im a mature student who began a degree in civil engineering. I complete 3rd year in May. So far its been ok, alot of self study and stamina required to keep going. Being a mature student, Ive had to spend alot of time revising secondary school subjects to get the principles such as trigonometry and algebra etc..... if theres anything else you want to know- happy to help
    Neat, I'm going into mechanical this September.

Yeah I've heard that knowing the maths is really important, I'm trying to get really solid at it now so I'm not playing catch up.

Are there any tips you'd give yourself at the start of your degree, or is there anything you'd do different?

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting EEE in September, at 29...

ReputationRep:
    Does software engineering count

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.