Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I currently take physics, maths, chemistry, english, and art at higher. Next year I will take Advanced Higher physics, maths and English. I need to take one more humanities higher subject for my fourth subject next year but I’m not sure which would be most useful for a degree in astrophysics while also not being ridiculously difficult since I’m already doing three AHs

Edit: I’m not thinking about applications and getting accepted, more what would be helpful to learn about

Unis generally don't care which subjects you take, just make sure you take AH maths at least.
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    So the ones that would be most helpful for astrophysics would be AH physics and AH maths. The beginning of your astrophysics degree will be very smaller to any other physics degree, and the emphasis will be on strengthening the foundation of your further maths. So I've observed that those people who have done further maths are usually much better acquainted with the material in our maths lectures and thus better prepared than those who did not take further maths.

If you have any other astrophysics questions, let me know!
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.