The Student Room Group

Brown bread and Brown rice

I'm trying to lose fat and get lean. I have bread and Rice everyday and was wondering how important it is to eat brown wholegrain bread and brown whole grain rice?

I've started eating wholegrain brown bread and it's actually ok. However I really dislike wholegrain brown rice and prefer white rice/pilau rice. Advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Purely from the point of view of calories, there is little difference. However, the extra fibre in brow rice keeps you full for longer and has lots of other health benefits.
I wouldn't eat either for weight loss.
Skip the carbs, eat the healthy fats.
Reply 3
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
I wouldn't eat either for weight loss.
Skip the carbs, eat the healthy fats.

what would you recommend as a good alternative to bread (I have sandwhiches often) and rice (which i usually have with chicken)?

Another thing, I'm not trying to lose a lot of fat. I'm 20, 5ft8 and weight 154 pounds, I just want to get to around 142ish and build muscle.

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
what would you recommend as a good alternative to bread (I have sandwhiches often) and rice (which i usually have with chicken)?

Another thing, I'm not trying to lose a lot of fat. I'm 20, 5ft8 and weight 154 pounds, I just want to get to around 142ish and build muscle.

Thanks!

I mean there are carb-free bresd recipes, I just doubt it would resemble bread in any way, shape or form. So I'd personally avoid bread. Unless A) you can stomach carb-free bread. B) You have the time and willingness to make it. C) You have the money to purchase it pre-made online.

Regarding rice, try cauliflower rice. You can even buy it pre-shredded in Asda now.
Obviously, when it comes to building muscle make sure you eat lots of protein.
Don't just get your protein from meat (Eat red scarcely, it's very unhealthy) get it from beans, dark leafy greens, nuts, spirulina, poultry and eggs.

Quick Reply

Latest