Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This guy i'm speaking too is very secretive. He is very reserved and finds it almost impossible to open up to me . He is pushing me away as I feel like I only know the basics about this guy as he has hardly told me about his past. It leaves me asking crazy questions and has me wondering if he is hiding something or if he's just finding it hard to be vulnerable by opening up.

ReputationRep:
    Well he obviously has a reason why he's not opening up. It can be tough to crack someone who is very reserved to be honest. It can takes months until he feels like he can trust you enough to open up. Gain his trust and avoid asking him questions about his past, show him you are only focused on his present and that you are genuinely there for him. If he sees that you are just trying to be there for him and he gains that trust, he'll slowly start to open up to you. But you have to be patient with him if you really like him.

ReputationRep:
    Very true !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.