Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have had all my offers now for 5 months yet I still have doubts, I want to find out what everyone's take is on Warwick university; whats good/bad about it from real people. I feel websites and reviews can be bias and deceitful at times. I am planning on studying Sociology and my other tempting option is Bristol that has offered me lower grade requirements . I am particularly interested in how well they look after the students needs; mentally and physically as I am a very active person.

ReputationRep:
    I’m a current Warwick student so can give you a few pros and cons.

Pros

It’s a campus uni, makes it feel more of a community with on campus restaurants, shops, hairdressers banks, cinema etc. Also makes it really safe
    Good accommodation
    Loads of societies and sports, literally hundreds
    Mostly modern lecture halls and seminar rooms
    Cheap standard of living
    Library is really excellent, we also have a really comprehensive Modern Records Centre
    Access to mental health help 24/7. Although I have never used it there is a hotline that is always open.
    I personally have found the teaching to be consistently good

Cons

Coventry leaves a lot to be desired, although Leamington and Warwick are lovely
    Nightlife is not that great, there are just a handful of clubs
    Shopping is poor
    I don’t find the SU as being particularly good with issues

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head. If you have any more specific questions I’ll be happy to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's confirmed many things for me! Whats your personal take on University of Bristol?
    These are the two universities I cant decide on. I've been lead to believe Bristol is more expensive, has a good night life(but to be honest its not priority.) and well rated on league for sociology (mainly its research sector). On the other hand, it is less of a campus and that's what has drawn me to Warwick, as I love interacting, meeting new people and I've never lived in a city before.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.