Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I take Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, English, Maths, Geography, Business and Drama if anyone needs help!

ReputationRep:
    The three sciences, i can only get around half marks in the papers and my targets are 8s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkthename)
    The three sciences, i can only get around half marks in the papers and my targets are 8s
    For me, printing out the exam specifications was a big help. Work your way through them. They can't ask you something that isn't on the spec, so if you know that spec then you will do well.

Start by RAG rating everything:
    R (Red) - if you got an exam question on it, you'd be skipping it and moving onto the next question.

A (Amber) - needs revision. Could pick up a couple of marks, but not 100% secure in your knowledge of that particular area.

G (Green) - could write a full mark exam answer here and now.

Then you can target your revision to what you need to know. Revising things you know is one of the best feelings, but also a big waste of time!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My top tips for science:
    -buy a CGP revision guide
    -past paper questions
    -learn you calculations/formulas for easy marks
    -definitions on flashcards
    -review class notes little and often
    Honestly, you’ll be fine as long as you revise as you go. Good luck and keep me updated!

ReputationRep:
    ScienceWithHazel anc UnJaded Jade for Science/ general revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millieclatworthy)
    My top tips for science:
    -buy a CGP revision guide
    -past paper questions
    -learn you calculations/formulas for easy marks
    -review class notes little and often
    Honestly, you’ll be fine as long as you revise as you go. Good luck and keep me updated!
    Honestly my method was going to be do past papers, find out what i got wrong, revise these topics through youtube, and then repeat.
    Is that okay because i am too lazy to do anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HT2412)
    For me, printing out the exam specifications was a big help. Work your way through them. They can't ask you something that isn't on the spec, so if you know that spec then you will do well.

Start by RAG rating everything:
    R (Red) - if you got an exam question on it, you'd be skipping it and moving onto the next question.

A (Amber) - needs revision. Could pick up a couple of marks, but not 100% secure in your knowledge of that particular area.

G (Green) - could write a full mark exam answer here and now.

Then you can target your revision to what you need to know. Revising things you know is one of the best feelings, but also a big waste of time!!!
    Might do this, but what if i think something is green but the exam question is totally out of order

ReputationRep:
    Geography revision tips?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly my method was going to be do past papers, find out what i got wrong, revise these topics through youtube, and then repeat.
    Is that okay because i am too lazy to do anything else
    Laziness does not get you 8s!
    Make sure you aren’t doing past papers for the sake of it. Content then application. Watch youtube to understand then test yourself, do timed questions.
    Textbook questions are goood for switching it up too!

ReputationRep:
    Laziness does not get you 8s!
    Make sure you aren’t doing past papers for the sake of it. Content then application. Watch youtube to understand then test yourself, do timed questions.
    Textbook questions are goood for switching it up too!
    Lol i guess you're right :/ , how many hours would you say every week of each science, atm i am doing 4 hours each every week, starting this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fazzy_77)
    Geography revision tips?
    -revise fieldwork little and often
    -learn examples eg case studies
    -practice making answers concise eg 4 marker 2 explained points
    -learn stats!
    You’ll be fine xx

ReputationRep:
    Lol i guess you're right :/ , how many hours would you say every week of each science, atm i am doing 4 hours each every week, starting this week
    I’d be doing about 20 minutes a night of content learning/understanding and maybe a bit more at the weekends, sorry! You need to make sure you a. Aren’t get suicidally bored of science revision and b. aren’t doing f all in the time. Quality not quantity lol!

ReputationRep:
    I take Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, English, Maths, Geography, Business and Drama if anyone needs help!
    though spanish and geography are my strong points (8s!), just wondering what resources you use for revision? i would like to expand on my knowledge on them more x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikela)
    though spanish and geography are my strong points (8s!), just wondering what resources you use for revision? i would like to expand on my knowledge on them more x
    Hello mikela! For geography I use the CGP revision guide which is super useful. I also use gcsegeography.com as it covers the content well.
    For Spanish I literally just use my Mira textbook and for the fun of it I’ve been listening to Shakira to get my ear tuned to the accent.
    Good luck and keep working hard - you’ll hit those grades xx

ReputationRep:
    I’d be doing about 20 minutes a night of content learning/understanding and maybe a bit more at the weekends, sorry! You need to make sure you a. Aren’t get suicidally bored of science revision and b. aren’t doing f all in the time. Quality not quantity lol!
    I literally dont have time to do 20 mins every night, but is 4 hours of quality still not enough

ReputationRep:
    I literally dont have time to do 20 mins every night, but is 4 hours of quality still not enough
    15 minutes a night? Make the time and it’ll be easier for you.

ReputationRep:
    15 minutes a night? Make the time and it’ll be easier for you.
    Ok lets say i did do this, would that be on top of the 4 hours or just 15 mins every day.
    Because what about if i need to do past papers and other stuff

ReputationRep:
    Ok lets say i did do this, would that be on top of the 4 hours or just 15 mins every day.
    Because what about if i need to do past papers and other stuff
    lol why don’t I plan your week for you
    Monday-15 minutes learning content eg definitions
    Tuesday-two 10 minute quick fire questions
    Wednesday-textbook questions 5 minutes
    Thursday-three 10 minute sessions content learning on flashcards eg formulas
    Friday-15 minutes on textbook questions
    Saturday-10 past paper Qs
    Sunday- 15 mins on content
    ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi last minute Maths advice?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for drama ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.