Turn on thread page Beta

In car insurance, does no claims bonus (NCB) require a 12 month policy? watch

ReputationRep:
    As young driver no claims discount is something we would all like, and I was looking at car insurance for various cars, I found a policy for just over £2000, however that was a x1 + x10 policy, so 11 months, and apparently if I was to take this I would get no bonus, so I would have to get a x1 + x11 policy which is about £500 more. Is this true? Or could I pay for the whole year upfront and still get the bonus?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by dominik_szreder)
    As young driver no claims discount is something we would all like, and I was looking at car insurance for various cars, I found a policy for just over £2000, however that was a x1 + x10 policy, so 11 months, and apparently if I was to take this I would get no bonus, so I would have to get a x1 + x11 policy which is about £500 more. Is this true? Or could I pay for the whole year upfront and still get the bonus?
    Ask them when the NCB becomes due to you. It should say in the policy and would expect it to be after 1 full policy period, although they cna decide what they want.

ReputationRep:
    If you pay up front for the whole year then your insured for the whole year. However, you could still have an accident within this first year so therefore you do not get your NCB from just buying upfront. i personally would pay for the whole year and not do pay in month as i want to just get the payment out of the way.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.