Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Has anyone here ever done the Science equivalency test at St. Mary's Twickenham?

As someone who didn't do Science for their Irish Leaving Cert, I'm just wondering what the best way to study would be and how much study I would need to do in order to have a good chance of passing first time around.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jim,

Have you taken the test?

I’ve got mine in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Not yet I'm afraid. How have you gone about preparing for the test?

ReputationRep:
    Just been doing AQA past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgreensmith)
    Just been doing AQA past papers
    What level, foundation or higher level?

ReputationRep:
    I was told to go over foundation papers

What have you been using?

(Original post by IrishJim)
    What level, foundation or higher level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgreensmith)
    I was told to go over foundation papers

What have you been using?
    Sorry - only seeing this now. How did you get on?

I've only just started myself but am going to use the foundation papers. Did you use any reading materials to supplement practicing with the AQA papers?

I'm finding it really difficult to establish what I need to study without something like a textbook.
    Looking at the AQA papers is giving me some kind of idea of the kind of content that will come up but who is to say a topic that hasn't come up in recent years won't come up in the equivalency test. By looking at the AQA papers and revising material based on the questions asked in them, I could potentially be neglecting other areas that might come up in the equivalency test.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.