Turn on thread page Beta

I’m about to turn 18 and have no interest in driving. I had my first lesson a few weeks ago and absolutely hated it. I couldn’t get my head around the amount of things I needed to do at once whilst having an absolute stranger sat next to me expecting me to know it all. I’m running out of time to learn because of exams and University starting soon so would it appear weird if I wanted to learn to drive once I finish University at 21 - even then I don’t think I’ll want to drive but I feel like you have to drive to do everything nowadays.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just learn on an automatic, its hardly even a car.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m about to turn 18 and have no interest in driving. I had my first lesson a few weeks ago and absolutely hated it. I couldn’t get my head around the amount of things I needed to do at once whilst having an absolute stranger sat next to me expecting me to know it all. I’m running out of time to learn because of exams and University starting soon so would it appear weird if I wanted to learn to drive once I finish University at 21 - even then I don’t think I’ll want to drive but I feel like you have to drive to do everything nowadays.
    If you don't want to learn to drive, then don't? Take public transport.

The first few lessons are always the toughest.

ReputationRep:
    it is really hard as first but with practice it does get better. if you want you could just casually learn ie 1 lesson every 2 weeks? it is really worth it in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly same here :/

ReputationRep:
    Get a bike?..
    Not only is it good for your health, you only have to buy it and expect a few repairs a year and that'll be all your expenses.
    And if you have to get somewhere ridiculously far, take public transport which is usually cheaper and safer.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you finish uni - you’ll probably forget if you do it right before you leave and don’t have access to tests or practice whilst you’re away - I know I forgot a lot whilst I was away, plus the summer wasn’t long enough to relearn it either
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.