Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just looking for any advice or tips on how to get a first in my dissertation. Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by xoelisee)
    Just looking for any advice or tips on how to get a first in my dissertation. Thank you
    Follow the instructions, be organised and start on things like your lie review and methods early on, analyse results as you go along, think of your stats methods, spend time on your discussion and don't leave it till the last minute and get as much feedback as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Follow the instructions, be organised and start on things like your lie review and methods early on, analyse results as you go along, think of your stats methods, spend time on your discussion and don't leave it till the last minute and get as much feedback as possible.
    I'm at the point where I've finished writing everything up but I need to tweak it as I don't think it's currently at a first level, maybe a mid 2.1 at the moment. My discussion is what I'm struggling with the most as a lot of my critiques of my work sound like what a GCSE student would write. For example one of my results goes against current literature, but it was only based on one data point but writing "needs more replicates" sounds so basic.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by xoelisee)
    I'm at the point where I've finished writing everything up but I need to tweak it as I don't think it's currently at a first level, maybe a mid 2.1 at the moment. My discussion is what I'm struggling with the most as a lot of my critiques of my work sound like what a GCSE student would write. For example one of my results goes against current literature, but it was only based on one data point but writing "needs more replicates" sounds so basic.
    At this stage it is all down to feedback and reading what people before you have done maybe if that is possible. In some cases you do have to say it as it is and don't make massive unrealistic claims.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.