The Student Room Group

Is it worth appealing for a second interview at brit school?

I had an audition on the 27th of February for the theatre strand, I thought my audition went really well and stupidly got my hopes up, so as you can imagine when I got my letter in the post this saturday saying I didn’t get in I was heart broken. I’ve done some research into the “appeal for a second chance” option, but I wondered if it’s really worth it? I mean yes, at this point I’m willing to take any chance I can get but I don’t really want to put myself through all the Heath ache of getting turned down again, so if there’s anyone that found the appeal helpful and worth let me know!!
Original post by Emmaluffxx
I had an audition on the 27th of February for the theatre strand, I thought my audition went really well and stupidly got my hopes up, so as you can imagine when I got my letter in the post this saturday saying I didn’t get in I was heart broken. I’ve done some research into the “appeal for a second chance” option, but I wondered if it’s really worth it? I mean yes, at this point I’m willing to take any chance I can get but I don’t really want to put myself through all the Heath ache of getting turned down again, so if there’s anyone that found the appeal helpful and worth let me know!!

Unless you feel like process was not followed you can't really appeal an academic decision. Chalk it up to experience and move on. Sorry!
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Unless you feel like process was not followed you can't really appeal an academic decision. Chalk it up to experience and move on. Sorry!

That’s what I thought in the first place, but I have been told bun many people (including some of my friends at Brit school) that they do accept second chance appeals for those that are desperate for it, I’m going to go for it either way and hope for the best I guess
That’s what I thought in the first place, but I have been told bun many people (including some of my friends at Brit school) that they do accept second chance appeals for those that are desperate for it, I’m going to go for it either way and hope for the best I guess

Hmm...not something I would advise but I guess you have nothing to lose. Make sure you collect your evidence and collect your thoughts before applying. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Hmm...not something I would advise but I guess you have nothing to lose. Make sure you collect your evidence and collect your thoughts before applying. Good luck!

Yep! Would you advise getting stuff from my teachers about how committed and hard working I am etc?
Yep! Would you advise getting stuff from my teachers about how committed and hard working I am etc?

I don't know the ins and outs of the appeals process unfortunately. Maybe talk to some of these friends of yours who have appealed in the past. The admissions policy doc says that there should be good reason and evidence that you did not do yourself justice the first time and that you can improve so your teachers saying you are hard working will not really help as they will have done in your reference anyway.

You have already made your mind up, so just go and do your best.
Make sure you qualify under the grounds of appeal.
Appreciate that the chances are very slim, plus its more competitive than ever. These are the things that kept cropping up when I was reading about it.
Just leave your best out there.
Part of auditioning and performance is you are going to have to be resilient enough to cope with rejection. Just be happy and realistic there is a chance, even if its small and accept that.

Many people dont make it, out there will still be plenty of performing options at 18, so no need to give up if you dont make it or dont proceed.
You can then focus on those and how to make yourself the strongest candidate.
Reply 7

Original post by 999tigger
Part of auditioning and performance is you are going to have to be resilient enough to cope with rejection.

^this. It's all part and parcel of the entertainment industry...
HELLO, did your appeal work? I just received a rejection letter for the same year and strand, what did you write in the letter and did it work?
HELLO, did your appeal work? I just received a rejection letter for the same year and strand, what did you write in the letter and did it work?

Latest

Trending

Trending