Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to study psychology in the states, Im choosing Biology HL, Chinese Lang and Lit SL, English Lang and Lit SL, Geog HL, Math SL but I'm still deciding between econ HL and chemistry HL.

I feel like I am going to get a better score for econ HL and im not as confident in Chemistry HL, but is it a requirement?

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds unlikely that Chem HL will be expected from a psychology applicant (neuroscience is a different question, though). Email the universities you're interested in and ask. However, chemistry is probably very beneficial to a psychology student whether required or not.

Chemistry HL is apparently quite hard, so if you don't think you'll enjoy it and you won't need it, then take chemistry at SL instead. Chem, even at SL, helps a lot in HL Biology, so I'd really recommend to combine them. (A lot of the difference between HL and SL Bio is the amount of chemistry at HL). Sounds like Economics is a better HL choice for you.

Also, I know Psychology is rarely required, but isn't that offered at your school?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.