Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone struggling to get a summer internship, like a 12 week's work experience and still haven't found any / found one ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by gifty.t)
    Anyone struggling to get a summer internship, like a 12 week's work experience and still haven't found any / found one ?
    What sort of field are you trying to apply to? What's your CV looking like? It might be worth getting it checked before sending more applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What sort of field are you trying to apply to? What's your CV looking like? It might be worth getting it checked before sending more applications.
    I always get to the phone interview then I fail
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I always get to the phone interview then I fail
    Ah okay, so interview technique.

How do you prepare for an interview? Do you research the company and have examples to back up your answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Ah okay, so interview technique.

How do you prepare for an interview? Do you research the company and have examples to back up your answers?
    I did everything. ask questions after
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I did everything. ask questions after
    It may be worth taking a new approach to the interview. I suggest you take a look at The Interview Guys, they're pretty good at giving interview tips to make you stand out.
    https://theinterviewguys.com/

I used to be like you, it's pretty hard to pinpoint where exactly you're faltering at but I suspect it may be how you answer the questions or your tone of voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It may be worth taking a new approach to the interview. I suggest you take a look at The Interview Guys, they're pretty good at giving interview tips to make you stand out.
    https://theinterviewguys.com/

They've helped me perform better at the interview.
    Thank you so much.x

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.