Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I’m currently on a foundation year and I want to leave around April for various reasons for a short time until September when I can try again. As far as I’m aware I can take another year for foundation if I mess it up so it should be possible. But I’m not sure they’d let me do this and ideally I’d like to avoid paying any student loans back for the time I’m not there but still technically enrolled. Any help or advice would be great
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jacob6874)
    So I’m currently on a foundation year and I want to leave around April for various reasons for a short time until September when I can try again. As far as I’m aware I can take another year for foundation if I mess it up so it should be possible. But I’m not sure they’d let me do this and ideally I’d like to avoid paying any student loans back for the time I’m not there but still technically enrolled. Any help or advice would be great
    Hi Jacob,

Do you have any other previous study?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Jacob,

Do you have any other previous study?

Thanks

Catherine
    Just my A-levels but no other form of university education
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Just my A-levels but no other form of university education
    Hi Jacobe,

Students are entitled to the length of their course, including an additional year minus any previous study, for example, if the course is 3 years the calculation would be 4 + 1 = 5 - 1 = 4 years of funding still available.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Jacobe,

Students are entitled to the length of their course, including an additional year minus any previous study, for example, if the course is 3 years the calculation would be 4 + 1 = 5 - 1 = 4 years of funding still available.

Thanks

Catherine
    Ah thats good, however there is still the problem of having to pay back up to 100% of my student loan for the year, and also still having to find £2000 for accommodation for the final semester
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Ah thats good, however there is still the problem of having to pay back up to 100% of my student loan for the year, and also still having to find £2000 for accommodation for the final semester

Hi Jacob6874,

Any loan payments that you were entitled to receive will not become repayable until the April following the end of your course and then deductions are taken only when you are earning over the threshold.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.