Turn on thread page Beta

I started the gym 3 days ago and ive been going every day since for about 2 hours, I'm only going 4 times a week as I have a busy schedule. Is there any particular machine that will increase my bum, I don't have a flat or small bum but I just want it a bit bigger. And I don't want it to shrink either because I've heard that people lose it if they do certain things. I've been on the rowing machine, bike machines, stepping machine, running machine and one where I sit and have to push away with my legs.
    Any advice on getting a bigger bum or not letting it shrink??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I started the gym 3 days ago and ive been going every day since for about 2 hours, I'm only going 4 times a week as I have a busy schedule. Is there any particular machine that will increase my bum, I don't have a flat or small bum but I just want it a bit bigger. And I don't want it to shrink either because I've heard that people lose it if they do certain things. I've been on the rowing machine, bike machines, stepping machine, running machine and one where I sit and have to push away with my legs.
    Any advice on getting a bigger bum or not letting it shrink??
    COMPOUND LIFTS!!!! Don't be afraid to hit the squat rack. Get someone (a fellow gymgoer or an assistant) to teach you the proper backsquatting technique as it requires a surprising amount of skill and can result in injury or muscle imbalances if done improperly. Build you technique by lifting smaller barbell weigths at first and gradually increase your weight.

Deadlifts are another crucial movement which also require a very specific technique and can either be ineffective or dangerous if performed improperly. I reccomend you get help or research this for yourself. This one doesn't neccesarily require a barbell. You can have two dumbells at you side or one kettlebell between your legs if you want to focus on the glutes. The distance beween your feet determines whch part of your glutes will be hit the hardest. If your feet are wide apart, you'll train the upper glutes around the hip area wghich is important for the overall look and functionality. The close together your legs are, the more you'll hit the lower glutes which is great if you want to lift and shape the bum and get the instagram worthy peachy look.

Don't forget the classic hip extensions. If your used to training with weights/resistance, you may want to do the weghted version which usually involves having your back on a bench and the balls of your feet firmly on the floor. A barbell will then be balance on your pelvis, allowing you to thrust upwards and squeese the glute.

Another classic are donkey kicks. These can quite easily be done weighted. Personally, I wedge a 15kg dumbell between by hams and my calves but that might not work for some and I do get some funny looks from people. You can use resistance bands or ankle-wights if you have access to these. There's also a machine which allows you to do these as well.

These are just the staples. You can find more advanced exercises online. Variation is the spice of life

Please don't fall into the trap of thinking that machines are somehow more effective. In some cases, they may reduce chance of injury but in many cases, they actually increase the likelihood due to the unnatural positions they force you into. It's also important to not that they are terrible for developing functional fitness but that may not be your concern.

If you intend on doing compound lift, please understand that it's important to have strong abs and a strong lower back. Compound lifts will help you achieve these but it's best to give these muscles extra attention. Also, don't neglect the quads, calves and hams either. Hamstrings are especially important as they add to the look of your bum. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I agree 100 percent with the above post.
    Get lifting!!!
    One thing the above poster didn't mention is nutrition. Eat right.
    Also, don't expect your bum to grow alone. You can't have big, strong glutes with a weak posterior chain. Your legs will grow and if you're doing compound lifts, you will notice changes all over.

Happy lifting

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.