HORRIBLE PAPER :@ (13)
8.18%
This discussion is closed.
MehdiB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello the exams this weds wish everyone luck. I am doing the old spec c1 and c2 papers for practice and specimen papers. I am also using hegarty maths exam solutions and a guy on youtube called jack brown they are very helpful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone fire some last weekend tough questions?
Bigpaddy27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone tried the crash papers? They seem to be good practice but wondering if anyone else find them tricker than old spec? I think they are quite tough.
Lemur14
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Bigpaddy27)
Has anyone tried the crash papers? They seem to be good practice but wondering if anyone else find them tricker than old spec? I think they are quite tough.
I've done one or two. Our teachers actually said they were too hard and suggested we didn't do any more Personally, I definitely found them harder than old spec, but they didn't seem ridiculous (although I think if such a paper was set, it would result in low grade boundaries, because although a few of those questions in a paper would be reasonable, or even to be expected, the consistent difficulty throughout would get some people down and potentially cause timing issues as well)
They definitely seem to be good practise though!
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
I've done one or two. Our teachers actually said they were too hard and suggested we didn't do any more Personally, I definitely found them harder than old spec, but they didn't seem ridiculous (although I think if such a paper was set, it would result in low grade boundaries, because although a few of those questions in a paper would be reasonable, or even to be expected, the consistent difficulty throughout would get some people down and potentially cause timing issues as well)
They definitely seem to be good practise though!
Ahh thats good then, I have been scoring decently on them and on the IYGB MP1s which are also much harder. They make the old spec look so nice so hopefully wedneasday will also be pleasant. I am doing the full a level this year so want to see if the AS is consistent with the book etc.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Ahh thats good then, I have been scoring decently on them and on the IYGB MP1s which are also much harder. They make the old spec look so nice so hopefully wedneasday will also be pleasant. I am doing the full a level this year so want to see if the AS is consistent with the book etc.
Nice! Yeah they're definitely nicer than old spec (although old spec had no calculator for C1 so the numbers pretty much had to be nice). I hope so (but not too nice, as we don't want ridiculous grade boundaries :lol:)
Good luck!
bbbbbbk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
can all questions and answers you guys remember be posted on here after exam so i can destress please?!!
Lemur14
Rep:
?
(Original post by bbbbbbk)
can all questions and answers you guys remember be posted on here after exam so i can destress please?!!
An unofficial mark scheme will probably be created...I however get to go straight into a computing lesson :grumble:
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DO you guys reckon the paper will be hard, easy or just standard, anything like the old C12 papers?
nyxnko_
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
DO you guys reckon the paper will be hard, easy or just standard, anything like the old C12 papers?
Dude, if we get anything like C1, C2 papers, then what was the point of them even changing the spec?
ioWolfdinii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MehdiB)
Hello the exams this weds wish everyone luck. I am doing the old spec c1 and c2 papers for practice and specimen papers. I am also using hegarty maths exam solutions and a guy on youtube called jack brown they are very helpful
Same!!! Do you think the old spec and new spec papers would be similar? Or would they have their differences?
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nyxnko_ there is only a couple of minor changes in the spec to be honest. Yes it is a given the following will come up- proof/ limit proof, context log graphic, completing square with context etc but the differentiation and integaration and the bulk of the paper should be similar to the questions that crop up on he old spec.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nyxnko_
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nyxnko_ there is only a couple of minor changes in the spec to be honest. Yes it is a given the following will come up- proof/ limit proof, context log graphic, completing square with context etc but the differentiation and integaration and the bulk of the paper should be similar to the questions that crop up on he old spec.
Ah sorry. I was a little rude. Personally, I think Edexcel might try to maybe make the questions more problem-solving based but I haven't looked at the old-spec papers so I wouldn't really be able to tell if there was much of a difference.
femo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
This is the AS maths new spec exam thread yep
New spec full A level has it's own exam threads (pure 1, pure 2 and applied)
so if i am doing this paper i cant do the full a level next year?
lionike123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exam is tommorow. Is no one stressed.
nyxnko_
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lionike123)
Exam is tommorow. Is no one stressed.
I've given up being stressed... :hide:
solark
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nyxnko_)
I've given up being stressed... :hide:
Sorry if that's weird to ask, but I've seen you replying on the Physics AS exam thread too and I was wondering what you want to study next year at uni?
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hows everyone feeling.
nyxnko_
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hows everyone feeling.
Not so good... I'm starting to panic a little...
lionike123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is basically you know what to do now its just applying your knowledge
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (202)
30.1%
The paper was reasonable (274)
40.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (113)
16.84%
It was TERRIBLE (82)
12.22%

Watched Threads