Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Maths (New Spec) 8MA0_02 - Statistics Discussion watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Edexcel AS Statistics discussion
    Hey guys, here is our exam discussion thread for this exam We decided to split out the stats and mechanics discussion from this thread to avoid confusion, but if you have any questions about the exam itself it belongs in that thread!
    Relevant exams:
    Date: 23rd May 2018
    AM/PM: AM
    Length: 1h 15m
    Specification: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf

Other resources:
    Formula booklet: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...mulae_Book.pdf
    Sample Assessment papers: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...atics-sams.pdf
    See list on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5003372
    Other threadsAS pure
    AS applied: AS statistics/AS mechanics
    A level pure 1
    A level pure 2
    A level applied: A level statistics/ A level mechanics
    Further AS pure
    Further AS applied: Further pure/ Statistics/ Mechanics/ Decision

Good luck with your revision! :work:

ReputationRep:
    Look who's here!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    are we discussing the statistics 9709 p 62 over here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamalik260801)
    The new spec one that happened today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    The new spec one that happened today.
    isn't this for AS 9709 statistics? i dont know what new spec is.

ReputationRep:
    isn't this for AS 9709 statistics? i dont know what new spec is.
    What colour is your stats book? It should be brown and have a person running or something similar on it. If it's not like that, then you're on the wrong thread.

ReputationRep:
    What colour is your stats book? It should be brown and have a person running or something similar on it. If it's not like that, then you're on the wrong thread.
    lol. probably on the wrong thread then. mine is blue in colour w bubble made on it

ReputationRep:
    lol. probably on the wrong thread then. mine is blue in colour w bubble made on it
    probably. our stats textbook contains both stats and mech

ReputationRep:
    can someone please transfer me to the AS statistics discussion thread. i cannot find it. have been looking for it since the past hour

ReputationRep:
    can someone please transfer me to the AS statistics discussion thread. i cannot find it. have been looking for it since the past hour
    Sure. Can I ask you what exam board and module and when the date of your exam was please?

ReputationRep:
    Sure. Can I ask you what exam board and module and when the date of your exam was please?
    thanks a lot. it's Cambridge International AS and A levels. 9709 Statistics p62 and exam date was 23rd May 2018
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It was for the stats part of this exam here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5247054 People don't seem to find discussing both on that thread a problem though so probably best to stick with there!

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot. it's Cambridge International AS and A levels. 9709 Statistics p62 and exam date was 23rd May 2018
    Sorry, I don't think there's a thread for CIE Maths in general.

ReputationRep:
    probably. our stats textbook contains both stats and mech
    Can you tell me, is the edexcel pure and statistics books worth it the one with the man running for the stats and the pure that goes with it. has it helped you and prepared you for the exams thoroughly. Thabks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshPrince102)
    Can you tell me, is the edexcel pure and statistics books worth it the one with the man running for the stats and the pure that goes with it. has it helped you and prepared you for the exams thoroughly. Thabks
    Ermm.... they're helpful but also not very. Quite a few answers in the back of the book are wrong, most of the questions are practically old-spec questions and not very problem-solving based, and honestly, it's good for learning content and I don't particularly like going through it again once I've finished doing the questions.
    I personally wouldn't recommend them but I understand that they may pretty much be the only resources that you'll have for the new spec. :dontknow:
    Sorry, a bit of a vague answer

ReputationRep:
    Ermm.... they're helpful but also not very. Quite a few answers in the back of the book are wrong, most of the questions are practically old-spec questions and not very problem-solving based, and honestly, it's good for learning content and I don't particularly like going through it again once I've finished doing the questions.
    I personally wouldn't recommend them but I understand that they may pretty much be the only resources that you'll have for the new spec. :dontknow:
    Sorry, a bit of a vague answer
    ok thanks but are there aby other edexcel maths books new spec that you know or heard are useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshPrince102)
    ok thanks but are there aby other edexcel maths books new spec that you know or heard are useful
    Other than those two, I can't think of any for Maths..

ReputationRep:
    anyone think at least 130/160 would be A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickHendricks)
    anyone think at least 130/160 would be A?
    Yes, of course. That's 81% and Edexcel WANT around 80% to be an A but for GCSEs last year, they wanted 97% to be a 9 but it ended up being 79% or something like that so if the AS grades act similarly, the A boundary should be around 70+% ish. It could be lower or higher though :dontknow:

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.