The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Maths Pure Mathematics 2 9MA0_02 - 13 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Yeah none of those bloody sine and cosine modelling questions lol
Disagree. Projectiles are symmetrical hence maximum height is half of total horizontal distance, which is 20. Hence equation is y= -0.03x^2 + 1.2x

Like if you agree.
How may marks was the last question (for finding the time)?
(edited 5 years ago)
Why do I find it harder than the last one???...
Original post by ZameZide
Disagree. Projectiles are symmetrical hence maximum height is half of total horizontal distance, which is 20. Hence equation is y= -0.03x^2 + 1.2x

Like if you agree.

Yeh i got that from like simultaneous equations, so the answer to the next bit was 20 + 10 root 3 i think
for the question with the modulus and proving that inequality for the last bit did you guys like draw both parts of the inequality and then try to explain how it showed it was true with words, i didn't really know what they were looking for
Reply 46
The way I found the equation for x is by setting H as ax^2 + bx + c. Since H passes through the origin, c is 0. The other two points are (20,12) and (40,). Using these equations, I found the equation for H.
Original post by RedGiant
How may marks was the last question (for finding the time)?

Think it was 1 mark then 4 marker then 4 marker then 1 marker for the last question, not too sure tho
Everything up to and including question 12 was fine, but then 13 and 14 just ****ed me. For some reason I had this ln3 in my question 13, so I must have integrated it wrong, but I couldn't get rid of it.
Am I the only one who ran out of time and actually found this so difficult compared to first paper???
Original post by nitnamnav
Am I the only one who ran out of time and actually found this so difficult compared to first paper???

Nope, my entire class found it difficult and thought it was much worse than Paper 1!
Original post by feathers42
Nope, my entire class found it difficult and thought it was much worse than Paper 1!

Okay thank god, let's pray grade boundaries are gonna be low af
Oh and what did people do/get for the 2 sigma notation ones? For part a I just did each one separately, so you had an arithmetic and geometric sequence. For part b I got a fraction.
305/3?
Original post by nitnamnav
Okay thank god, let's pray grade boundaries are gonna be low af

I really hope so!
Original post by PureTheory
305/3?

I got that as well I think
How many people are actually doing this? Can we do a poll of how many people are taking the exam?
What did people get for the vectors one?
(edited 5 years ago)
Rugby ball one I got
-3/400(x-40)^2+12
Reply 59
Original post by RedGiant
Did anyone else get -(x-40)^2+12 (or -x^2+80x-1588) for the rugby ball one? I tested it in desmos, it works fine. And it gave nice integer values for when H = 3.

big man, the y intercept wasnt -1588 unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending