Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Many people wonder why LSE got Bronze in the TEF rankings, especially on TheStudentRoom where people from outside LSE even add rumours.
    I recently saw this in one of the LSE Student Union emails, so I thought I should share it here, for those interested in it.
    Here is the link: https://lsesu.tumblr.com/post/170644...s-nss-national

Basically, some students on purpose decided to boycott against the NSS as a way of expressing student opposition to both the NSS as a metric for student satisfaction, but also as a way of undermining the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). And also to put the student union in a stronger negotiating position.
    Hopefully, if in future years LSE students fill out the questionnaires truthfully, then the actual student satisfaction will be much higher I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Doonesbury, tagged you since you might see people in future application cycles asking about the student satisfaction of places like LSE.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Many people wonder why LSE got Bronze in the TEF rankings, especially on TheStudentRoom where people from outside LSE even add rumours.
    I recently saw this in one of the LSE Student Union emails, so I thought I should share it here, for those interested in it.
    Here is the link: https://lsesu.tumblr.com/post/170644...s-nss-national

Basically, some students on purpose decided to boycott against the NSS as a way of expressing student opposition to both the NSS as a metric for student satisfaction, but also as a way of undermining the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). And also to put the student union in a stronger negotiating position.
    Hopefully, if in future years LSE students fill out the questionnaires truthfully, then the actual student satisfaction will be much higher I suppose.
    Nope, they've had relatively poor satisfaction ratings for years - it's nothing to do with the boycot. And the boycott also affected many other universities (Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol, etc).
    http://wonkhe.com/blogs/nss-boycott-2017/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Nope, they've had relatively poor satisfaction ratings for years - it's nothing to do with the boycot. And the boycott also affected many other universities (Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol, etc).
    http://wonkhe.com/blogs/nss-boycott-2017/
    Maybe, but lets see whether LSE will get a higher student satisfaction in future years or not. If they get a substantially higher score (e.g. jumping to silver or gold), then I guess it had to do with the boycott. If they still receive low student satisfaction, then it will be as you said.

Since you (Doonesbury ) are a mod on TSR, delete this thread please. Thanks.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Maybe, but lets see whether LSE will get a higher student satisfaction in future years or not. If they get a substantially higher score (e.g. jumping to silver or gold), then I guess it had to do with the boycott. If they still receive low student satisfaction, then it will be as you said.

Since you (doonsbury) are a mod on TSR, delete this thread please. Thanks.
    We'll see indeed. But you can track Satisfaction across the years in CUG, etc. It's never been "good".

PS. Wrong Doon... I'll leave the thread though because the question is relevant, as is the answer, for other potential applicants.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.