Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Further Maths (New Spec) - Decision Discussion watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Edexcel AS Further Decision Discussion
    Hey guys, here is our exam discussion thread for this exam This is the decision option for further maths discussion thread. If you have any questions about the exam (not the content) you can post in this thread instead

Date: 17th May 2018
    AM/PM: PM
    Length: 1h 40m
    Specification: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf

Other resources:
    Formula booklet: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...mulae_Book.pdf
    Sample Assessment papers: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...atics-sams.pdf
    See list on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5003372
    Other threadsAS pure
    AS applied: AS statistics/AS mechanics
    A level pure 1
    A level pure 2
    A level applied: A level statistics/ A level mechanics
    Further AS pure
    Further AS applied: Further pure/ Statistics/ Mechanics/ Decision

Good luck with your revision! :work:

ReputationRep:
    Dreading this exam, dont get me wrong, its isnt hard at all, im good at all topics, but i make SO many stupid mistakes!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    how did you all find it . what did people get for the cost of the linear programming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriellam63)
    how did you all find it . what did people get for the cost of the linear programming?
    Interested as to how this exam was, because D1 has changed quite a bit in places - were the questions relatively standard?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the questions weren’t anything that I havent seen similar before. I thought it was a very reasonable paper
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    D2 was a great paper. D1 paper was ok some questions were hard like question 2 final part. not sure about final linear programming what did people get for the x,y,z values.i got 25,50,75.

ReputationRep:
    T Barker, I also got that! Wahay! What about that question in the D1 paper about the connected graphs, was that linked to eulers hand shaking lemma?

ReputationRep:
    I guessed that with the order but it didn't feel enough for 5 marks with the few pages after I just wrote about the order being two times the edges and made up a load of bs to go with it

ReputationRep:
    If x and y were 25 and 50, wouldn’t that be the maximum? Most of my friends got 25 x and 42 y ://
    I ran out of time so annoyed I didn’t add the z value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LainyDD)
    If x and y were 25 and 50, wouldn’t that be the maximum? Most of my friends got 25 x and 42 y ://
    yeah i'm really confused, i worked out x =25 and y=42 but this doesn't work as it was supposed to be that it all adds up to 150 including z, and my values didn't work. so i don't know what went wrong because i used the whole find a minimum and stuff, and found the minimum but it didn't suit what the question asked. so i just hope i get the method marks. :/

ReputationRep:
    what objective function people used. I subbed in 150-x-y =z into the given one. I think it came out as Cost = 50X + 75Y + 30000

ReputationRep:
    yeah 25 and 42 give a lower value 34400. I probably solved the wrong lines simultaneously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontSweat)
    yeah i'm really confused, i worked out x =25 and y=42 but this doesn't work as it was supposed to be that it all adds up to 150 including z, and my values didn't work. so i don't know what went wrong because i used the whole find a minimum and stuff, and found the minimum but it didn't suit what the question asked. so i just hope i get the method marks. :/
    Did we know the z value?? I though you just took worked out x and y off 150 at the end (I’m not 100% because I didn’t finish)

ReputationRep:
    For the critical path analysis, did people get the final event early/late time as 33??

ReputationRep:
    For the critical path analysis, did people get the final event early/late time as 33??
    Oh my god I i did, but my friend got 39 so I really don't know

ReputationRep:
    What do we think grade boundaries will be like? (I did decision and stats)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    Oh my god I i did, but my friend got 39 so I really don't know
    Damnn, did you get a dummy variable at the end too? From I event to J event

ReputationRep:
    Damnn, did you get a dummy variable at the end too? From I event to J event
    YES!!! your making me so happy omg

ReputationRep:
    What do we think grade boundaries will be like? (I did decision and stats)
    nah same! Fs1 and D1? Stats part was beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    nah same! Fs1 and D1? Stats part was beautiful
    I think so too! But I messed up on the Poisson approximation because I concerted the poisson to the binomial but then forgot to convert that to poisson again ! hopefully not dropped too many marks from that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.