Arabic Foreign Language

Watch this thread
S.A.2015
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why doesn't Arabic second language come with a textbook, how are we supposed to be studying? !
luji
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What examination is this and what board are you taking?
S.A.2015
Rep:
(Original post by ab173)
What examination is this and what board are you taking?
Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE
luji
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?
(Original post by S.A.2015)
Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE
S.A.2015
Rep:
[QUOTE=ab173;76572986]I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes
luji
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=S.A.2015;76575792]
(Original post by ab173)
I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes
The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.
S.A.2015
Rep:
[QUOTE=ab173;76577046]
The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.
I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?
luji
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=S.A.2015;76577754]
(Original post by ab173)

I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?
Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.
S.A.2015
Rep:
[QUOTE=ab173;76585478]
Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.

I see, thanks for your help
luji
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=S.A.2015;76591428]
(Original post by ab173)

I see, thanks for your help
You're very welcome
Justanintrovert
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did Arabic as my own choice, should I drop french. I don't understand a thing and I did do pretty well in Arabic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (88)
67.18%
No (29)
22.14%
I didn't use it to prepare (14)
10.69%

Watched Threads