Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't Arabic second language come with a textbook, how are we supposed to be studying? !

ReputationRep:
    What examination is this and what board are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab173)
    What examination is this and what board are you taking?
    Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE

ReputationRep:
    I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?
    (Original post by S.A.2015)
    Examination for IGCSE Arabic Foreign Language. CIE

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ab173;76572986]I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=S.A.2015;76575792]
    (Original post by ab173)
    I just checked I didn't find books for it, but when Ioked at a past paper it's just basics of the language so I don't think a book is needed. Do you take this subject at school?

Even if it is the basics of the language- we are supposed to get a textbook to teach us the basics. How are we supposed to know the basics without a textbook to help us, should we conjure up the basics?!

Every other second language offered by Cambridge comes with a textbook. I am really interested in knowing how others done this subject!

Yes
    The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ab173;76577046]
    The teacher should help you learn the basics in class, I'm doing first language Arabic and I was shocked that there is a book for that too. The books on languages fo IGCSE aren't that helpful to be honest. Use the sylabus as a guid and practice past papers to be familliar with it.
    I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=S.A.2015;76577754]
    (Original post by ab173)

I am a distance college student.

Why would you be shocked if there is a book for Arabic first language?
    Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ab173;76585478]
    Because it doesn't have a certain format they want you to answer in like the English. A text book won't be helpful to be honest you just have to understand the language and a textbook won't help.

I see, thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=S.A.2015;76591428]
    (Original post by ab173)

I see, thanks for your help
    You're very welcome

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.