Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to drop out of university after finishing a year studying Media, Communcation, Cultures at Leeds Beckett due to personal reasons that have forced me to move closer to home in the North West. I have received an unconditional offer from Liverpool John Moores university to start studying a very similar course (Media, Culture, Communication) in September 2018. Will I be able to receive both tuition fee & maintenance loan funding for the first year at John Moores even though the courses are similar, or would I have to go straight into my second year at the new university if I pass my first year at Leeds Beckett?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by greggmckeownn)
    I am planning to drop out of university after finishing a year studying Media, Communcation, Cultures at Leeds Beckett due to personal reasons that have forced me to move closer to home in the North West. I have received an unconditional offer from Liverpool John Moores university to start studying a very similar course (Media, Culture, Communication) in September 2018. Will I be able to receive both tuition fee & maintenance loan funding for the first year at John Moores even though the courses are similar, or would I have to go straight into my second year at the new university if I pass my first year at Leeds Beckett?

Hi Gregg,

To help you better can I ask how many years previous study have you had so far and how long is your new course?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    This is my first year in university ever, finished my A Levels last year & my new course is 3 years long, same duration as my current one
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by greggmckeownn)
    This is my first year in university ever, finished my A Levels last year & my new course is 3 years long, same duration as my current one

Hi greggmckeownn,

When we calculate your entitlement we allow you an additional year of support, that's in place should you start a course and you wish to transfer to do something else or have to repeat a year of study.

You will have lost that extra year but can be confident that you will receive full support for the length of your new course, but not if you have to repeat any year in the future without compelling personal reasons.

Thanks Rona

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.