Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have this current problem. Cannot say an abcess is something I have had runnings with in the past except once! I have one on my lower mouth/gumline bulging out my face very slightly. Interestingly I have 0% pain whatsoever though I did have head splitting toothache last week for a few days before hand until it sprung up on me Sunday. I went straight to the dentist Monday- next day basically. I have been put on 1,500MG of Amoxicillin for the next seven days (I hope to god it works) because I look disgusting It feels as though it has shrunk since Sunday just and also maybe moved slightly not sure. My dentist doesn't think it will escalate into a serious problem over the next seven days of Antibiotics but having severe Anxiety always likes to tell you otherwise!.
    The fact i'm not in any pain at all worries me so I keep checking it in the mirror and feeling my lower cheek just to be sure it's not spiralling.
    Amoxicillin isn''t new to me I have taken it before during probably the worst viral infection I have ever had so had to stop because it was a viral infection in my entire thraot, right ear (went sort of deaf for 5 days) had a white tongue it was vial. More vial than this dirty flapping thing in my mouth.
    The only reason I was concerned is though my abcess really isn't that big it was on the inside line of my lower gums and that's near my throat. I couldn't take other antibiotics mentioned because I have something of a less extreme than previous drinking problem I mentioned this as they were going to give me something else I vcannot drink on. I feel a little under the weather, gaggy and sick might be the pus trying to drain not sure. Either way knowing what's festering in my mouth makes me want to wrench up.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by TheEmperorKronos)
    I have this current problem. Cannot say an abcess is something I have had runnings with in the past except once! I have one on my lower mouth/gumline bulging out my face very slightly. Interestingly I have 0% pain whatsoever though I did have head splitting toothache last week for a few days before hand until it sprung up on me Sunday. I went straight to the dentist Monday- next day basically. I have been put on 1,500MG of Amoxicillin for the next seven days (I hope to god it works) because I look disgusting It feels as though it has shrunk since Sunday just and also maybe moved slightly not sure. My dentist doesn't think it will escalate into a serious problem over the next seven days of Antibiotics but having severe Anxiety always likes to tell you otherwise!.
    The fact i'm not in any pain at all worries me so I keep checking it in the mirror and feeling my lower cheek just to be sure it's not spiralling.
    Amoxicillin isn''t new to me I have taken it before during probably the worst viral infection I have ever had so had to stop because it was a viral infection in my entire thraot, right ear (went sort of deaf for 5 days) had a white tongue it was vial. More vial than this dirty flapping thing in my mouth.
    The only reason I was concerned is though my abcess really isn't that big it was on the inside line of my lower gums and that's near my throat. I couldn't take other antibiotics mentioned because I have something of a less extreme than previous drinking problem I mentioned this as they were going to give me something else I vcannot drink on. I feel a little under the weather, gaggy and sick might be the pus trying to drain not sure. Either way knowing what's festering in my mouth makes me want to wrench up.
    Hi. I've moved this into a new thread for you cos replying to old ones tends to get confusing and can often mean you don't get as many responses.

I would trust you dentist and just keep and eye on it. If you think it's getting worse or isn't better by the ed of your antibiotics call them. You could also swish a bit of salt water in your mouth. It's good for fighting infections and may make your mouth feel a bit less gross.

ReputationRep:
    try and avoid alcohol for the duration of the antibiotic treatment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.