Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for both Econ & Econ History and straight Econ History and only got an offer from straight EH. But I still prefer the joint honor. I wonder if it’s possible for me to change my course once I start first year? Or maybe at the end of first year?

I saw a “Program Transfer Condition” sheet on LSE website, for Econ and EH, the condition is 60% in 2 modules and 50% in another 2 in first year. Is this really applicable?

One of my concern is that Econ and EH will do both MA100 and ST102 in first year, but straight EH only have one optional module. If I really wish to change my course at the end of first year, should I take MA100, ST102, or MA107+ST107?

Is there anyone who had similar experience before? I’d be really appreciated for any advice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can only really change course at the end of first year if you've done the necessary modules for the course you want to change to in your first year.

You could instead try changing at the start of first year - go and see your academic advisor as soon as you're allocated one to ask. It's not guaranteed, but some people manage to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.