Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My partner graduated in June/July 17 which means he shouldn't be paying his student loans back until April 2018.

However he started repaying in July 2016.

He switched from Full time learning to part time learning mid way through (same uni, same course, just a simple change from FT to PT)

I have rang the repayments line and been passed from pillar to post and established a couple of things;
    - Student finance England put him down as 'WITHDRAWN' when he switched from Full time. Therefore having two graduation dates and two repayment dates.
    - After many phone calls with SLC & SFE they finally referred his case to a 'Tier 2 assessor' at SFE to get this incorrect 'withdrawal' changed. This happened no problem and he received a confirmation email from the 'Teir 2 assessor' confirming the changes has been made
    - It was then sat with the 'SLC repayments admin team' to update the correct graduation date in order for the refund to be made.
    - I have then spoken to someone today at SLC who has advised even though he didn't withdraw from the course and he simply switched from full time to part time he must start repaying the full time loan back as normal.

Is this correct?

I understand the FT & PT funding pots are separate but surely he should not have been made to pay his full time loans back before he graduated from the course?

Has anyone been in the situation or can offer advise?

Thanks!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.