Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I have to send evidence for why I couldn't complete a previous course a few years ago in university. Initially I sent a doctors letter from my GP, explaining some of the problems I had.

I get back a letter from student finance saying "Your evidence can't be accepted". It also says on the letter "we need evidence from a tutor who was aware of the situation at the time and can attest to how this affected your studies."

Problem is, I was at my uni six years ago and there is only one tutor who is still there when I was there that knew about my situation, but not only that, he is now "head of school" and won't reply to my emails and won't pick up his office telephone number (I've called all of last week).

So how the hell do they expect me to get evidence from my a previous tutor when I can't get hold of anyone?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 24 Smokes)
    Hi,

So I have to send evidence for why I couldn't complete a previous course a few years ago in university. Initially I sent a doctors letter from my GP, explaining some of the problems I had.

I get back a letter from student finance saying "Your evidence can't be accepted". It also says on the letter "we need evidence from a tutor who was aware of the situation at the time and can attest to how this affected your studies."

Problem is, I was at my uni six years ago and there is only one tutor who is still there when I was there that knew about my situation, but not only that, he is now "head of school" and won't reply to my emails and won't pick up his office telephone number (I've called all of last week).

So how the hell do they expect me to get evidence from my a previous tutor when I can't get hold of anyone?

Hi 24 Smokes,

In some circumstances one piece of evidence may not be sufficient, therefore we would recommend that you send as much evidence in as possible.

If the evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR).may not have been accepted as was not sufficient to determine mitigating circumstances, the assessors then would request additional evidence.If the letter that you provided from your doctor was only mentioning symptoms, it is possible that it wasn't detailed enough and you can ask the doctor to write a more explicit letter, or any other professional person that was aware of your situation at the time.The letter needs to detail what happened, when it happened, be date specific, how it affected your studies on a daily basis and the reason that you had to leave the course/ repeat study.It needs to relate to the academic year concerned and how it impacted on your study.The letter needs to be signed and dated.Thanks Rona

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.