Turn on thread page Beta

Would going to bed early and then studying while everyone's asleep be a good Idea? watch

when I try to study, I usually get interrupted in some way, shape or form since my family can be rather...hyperactive.
    this can eventually stress me out a lot to the point where I feel like giving up entirely since It causes headaches

Telling them to keep it down isn't that much of an option since they eventually start mucking about within 5 minutes of me telling them to be quiet.
    So I started to wonder If instead of studying straight after I get home I get my stuff ready for tomorrow, do whatever I need to do, sleep for a few hours and then get up after to study where there's no noise. note that I need to get up at 6 am.
    I'm thinking of other options to studying at home, like staying at someone else's house for example, but I wanted to ask if this method of studying was a good Idea or not.
    any advice?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    when I try to study, I usually get interrupted in some way, shape or form since my family can be rather...hyperactive.
    this can eventually stress me out a lot to the point where I feel like giving up entirely since It causes headaches

Telling them to keep it down isn't that much of an option since they eventually start mucking about within 5 minutes of me telling them to be quiet.
    So I started to wonder If instead of studying straight after I get home I get my stuff ready for tomorrow, do whatever I need to do, sleep for a few hours and then get up after to study where there's no noise. note that I need to get up at 6 am.
    I'm thinking of other options to studying at home, like staying at someone else's house for example, but I wanted to ask if this method of studying was a good Idea or not.
    any advice?
    Probably not the best idea because it'll fck with your sleep pattern. Is there a library you could go to? Or earplugs/noice cancelling headphones you could wear? Or potentially install a lock on your door so people can't interrupt you when you're revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

any advice?
    Your solution does seem a little extreme. Maybe sit your family down and explain to them that you need peace with you're studying, so that they can appreciate the importance of what you're doing. If they aren't receptive to this, or any agreement you make with them falls through very quickly, try studying at your local public library or community space. They may not be open late, but it'll give you a bit of time away from a hectic environment. Try to avoid altering your sleeping patterns, as they are really hard to sort out once messed with.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.