Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently completed my Student Finance Wales application online, now I just need to sort out the paperwork like signing declaration and getting my parents to fill out the financial declaration form.

Problem is, it's asking for their customer reference number, which as I understand, you only get when you provide an email and choose the "support a student's application" option.

Will Student Finance send me a letter with my parents' customer reference number, or should I fill out the rest of the form like normal and it'll be assigned after the application has been received?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by WildPyromancer)
    I've recently completed my Student Finance Wales application online, now I just need to sort out the paperwork like signing declaration and getting my parents to fill out the financial declaration form.

Problem is, it's asking for their customer reference number, which as I understand, you only get when you provide an email and choose the "support a student's application" option.

Will Student Finance send me a letter with my parents' customer reference number, or should I fill out the rest of the form like normal and it'll be assigned after the application has been received?
    WildPyromancer,

Everyone once they create an account will have their own unique Customer Reference Number, CRN.

Your parents can register online and the system will give them their CRN and login details, then support your application online.

If the system recognises that they are already registered with Student Finance Wales,
    they may have been a student in the past themselves or supported another student, it will prompt them to call Student Finance Wales.

If they call Student Finance Wales, they can be provided with those login details,

Tel: 0300 200 4050
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    WildPyromancer,

Everyone once they create an account will have their own unique Customer Reference Number, CRN.

Your parents can register online and the system will give them their CRN and login details, then support your application online.

If the system recognises that they are already registered with Student Finance Wales,
    they may have been a student in the past themselves or supported another student, it will prompt them to call Student Finance Wales.

If they call Student Finance Wales, they can be provided with those login details,

Tel: 0300 200 4050
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona

My parents don't have an email address, so that's why they're filling in the paper form instead of the online application.
    Is it a required part of the process to register for an account, or can they just leave the CRN blank?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by WildPyromancer)
    Hi Rona

My parents don't have an email address, so that's why they're filling in the paper form instead of the online application.
    Is it a required part of the process to register for an account, or can they just leave the CRN blank?
    Hi WildPyromancer,

Part of the form will ask for the students details, as long as they enter your name and your CRN, you can be confident their information will be data entered and linked to your application.

Thanks Rona

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.