Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have decided that I want to give up ever pursuing an education and career. I know full well I am not capable of doing it because I take a long time to process information, I cannot work out mathematically to save my life, I say the wrong things, I look 10 when I am actually 26 and I am also Deaf as a post (I am genuinely hard of hearing), so what is it I can do? I have received feedback from my work which scraped a pass 41%, and I think I need to just take it and accept that this is the last straw for me. My other grades are no better either, despite sitting down and trying to improvise and create a plan in order to get an A.

I know now that this has ruined every potential chance I have got getting an 2:1 because I know that I cannot do it. I have appealed but there’s a high chance it will not be adjusted. I don’t even enjoy uni or the modules at all, I find them boring, it drags out and I cannot critically analyse relevant information. I just cannot do it! I did it to try and make my husband happy because he always expressed his disappointment in me when I said I was taking a year out he tried to force me but I said no!

I have always believed in myself and told myself I will move and get a better job, but the reality is as much as I want to do that, I know I am not capable of doing it. I am working as a cleaner and that’s literally the only thing that’s on my CV. My husband is going to be really disappointed in me because he is from a culture where educational standards are extremely high so why would he want to be with someone who has got low grades and neglected uni altogether? I can’t stand him always making me feel like a [email protected]

Honestly guys... I have now started to regret going to university and getting into 21k worth of debt but I know that I am not smart enough. As much as anyone tells me I can do it if I put my mind to it, unfortunately that’s not the case for me! I just feel weak, a complete and utter failure and I need to accept that I will only be good at being stuck in a dead end job with no career prospects 😭 I wish I was as brainy as other people on here because I have tried so hard.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have decided that I want to give up ever pursuing an education and career. I know full well I am not capable of doing it because I take a long time to process information, I cannot work out mathematically to save my life, I say the wrong things, I look 10 when I am actually 26 and I am also Deaf as a post (I am genuinely hard of hearing), so what is it I can do? I have received feedback from my work which scraped a pass 41%, and I think I need to just take it and accept that this is the last straw for me. My other grades are no better either, despite sitting down and trying to improvise and create a plan in order to get an A.

I know now that this has ruined every potential chance I have got getting an 2:1 because I know that I cannot do it. I have appealed but there’s a high chance it will not be adjusted. I don’t even enjoy uni or the modules at all, I find them boring, it drags out and I cannot critically analyse relevant information. I just cannot do it! I did it to try and make my husband happy because he always expressed his disappointment in me when I said I was taking a year out he tried to force me but I said no!

I have always believed in myself and told myself I will move and get a better job, but the reality is as much as I want to do that, I know I am not capable of doing it. I am working as a cleaner and that’s literally the only thing that’s on my CV. My husband is going to be really disappointed in me because he is from a culture where educational standards are extremely high so why would he want to be with someone who has got low grades and neglected uni altogether? I can’t stand him always making me feel like a [email protected]

Honestly guys... I have now started to regret going to university and getting into 21k worth of debt but I know that I am not smart enough. As much as anyone tells me I can do it if I put my mind to it, unfortunately that’s not the case for me! I just feel weak, a complete and utter failure and I need to accept that I will only be good at being stuck in a dead end job with no career prospects 😭 I wish I was as brainy as other people on here because I have tried so hard.
    I strongly believe life is too short and precious for us to waste our time on something which we don’t really want to do and something that makes you feel ****. How much do you want to peruse this career? If you’re not that bothered or passionate about it then I wouldn’t spend your energy on it but put it into a job or another career which you enjoy. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?

Please remember that your job/career does not define you, life is about so much more. Anyone who tells you any differently does not value you as a person and needs to get some perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Have you applied for the help offered through DSA you clearly need extra support like mentoring and more input from uni disability and support services. You keep saying you’re not clever enough but maybe you just need that extra time and input because you clearly have a few barriers and you are obviously struggling with low self-esteem
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.