Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm trying to do a hierarchical multiple regression in SPSS.
    (to give a bit of background I'm seeing I've found there was an association between 'own-gender similarity' - a 5-point scale and 'sexism score' - a continuous variable; I've also found this association when I add in year group (either year 3 or 6) to the regression model.) <- I've also been able to select cases and repeat this model for just boys or just girls

However, I now want to select cases/split the data so I'm just seeing if the association is consistent in Year 3 girls (and then repeat for Year 6 girls; Year 3 boys; Year 6 boys) but when select cases (i.e. IF gender = 2 AND year = 1) the output tells me "for models with dependent variable sexism score, the following variables are constants or have missing correlations: Year. They will be deleted from the analysis." and gives me results as if I've just done own-gender similarity on sexism score and not added year group to the model.

I've been fiddling around trying to select cases or split the data and I've even computed a new variable of genderxyear but it won't work however I split the cases now!

Please help - really need this done ASAP as my dissertation deadline is nearing!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.