Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my assignments this term is an analysis of a pair of scholarly articles; I've chosen the two regarding women in Athens during the 5th cent. BC.

I was just wondering, is this a compare/contrast the two articles, and come up with an argument as well?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MartinisSkip)
    One of my assignments this term is an analysis of a pair of scholarly articles; I've chosen the two regarding women in Athens during the 5th cent. BC.

I was just wondering, is this a compare/contrast the two articles, and come up with an argument as well?

Thanks
    Look at the specification, then past papers and the mark schemes. Which exam board is it? Just seems like they want you to analyse and assess the articles. They are often by famous historians of the time, so you can add commentary about who, what, why , when, significance and what they tell us. I expect the compare and contrast can come towards he latter part of any essay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.