Turn on thread page Beta

Brittany Pettiborn Martin Sellner and Lauren Southern prevented from entering the UK watch

ReputationRep:
    Good news. Now we just need to ban Donald Trump from coming in May. Fascists get no voice. Silence the bigots. Death to all who opposes us.

ReputationRep:
    Get Sadiq Khan on the case. He's big on fighting for the rights of fascists to enter the UK and have their say. He used to do it for a living.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants to know where cretins like these originate from, who cannot and will not tolerate any opposition to their left-wing ideology, you can find out on the very first page of this book here, Repressive Tolerance, by Marcuse. Just like any good propaganda piece, such as the Communist Manifesto, the main message the author wants his/her readers to grasp is laid out on first page, and then subsequently rationalized in that in-group/out-group dichotomous style where it pitches one side as wholly virtuous and the other side wholly contemptuous, like any self-respecting religion did before it, and like every propagandist uses as their main weapon due to it's immense power to influence and animate.

He essentially radicalized the New Left counter culture student movement to stop tolerating certain ideas (from the demonized right wing) in order to create a truly tolerant society. He was known as the father of the New Left.

''The conclusion reached is that the realization of the objective of tolerance would call for intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed''

Typical double-think psychobabble from these Marxist loons, but it explains why they believe people like Lauren should be banned from the country, any intellectual who deviates from their own views and takes an alternative one should be ''de-platformed'', why antifa shut everything down, and why they don't deal in facts and act so infantile, vile, childish and intolerant. Interesting read.

They are just trying to be ''truly tolerant'' by not tolerating anyone else. They mean no harm.

http://la.utexas.edu/users/hcleaver/...ranceTable.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    It does not look like there's much official information on why they are detained and refused entry yet.
    https://twitter.com/BrittPettibone/s...09206940942337

ReputationRep:
    Lauren Brittany and her sister are all hot

ReputationRep:
    Meh, worse things have happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Lauren Brittany and her sister are all hot
    Maybe but alas that is somewhat irrelevant when you bare in mind you'd have to listen to her run her word hole constantly.

ReputationRep:
    People are taking some serious liberties with the terms "far-right" and "racist" when it comes to Lauren Southern, who honestly isn't that different from the average North American conservative. Her material is available online for all to see and there's nothing racist or Nazi-like about what she says. Much of it is pretty reasonable and centrist.

The amount of defamation the media is getting away with makes me wish libel laws were far more strict. When the media call her "far-right" it creates a false image of her being some sort of racist neo-Nazi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    People are taking some serious liberties with the terms "far-right" and "racist" when it comes to Lauren Southern, who honestly isn't that different from the average North American conservative. Her material is available online for all to see and there's nothing racist or Nazi-like about what she says. Much of it is pretty reasonable and centrist.

The amount of defamation the media is getting away with makes me wish libel laws were far more strict. When the media call her "far-right" it creates a false image of her being some sort of racist neo-Nazi.
    This is true but happens to anyone on the right Britain First Robinson etc the only racist ones I can think of are Richard Spencer and Tara Mccarthy

ReputationRep:
    Banning three perfectly law abiding citizens whose opinions in no way fall under hate speech or racism but allow over 400 ISIS fighters back into the country and given them council houses and benefits? This country has become such a joke, both the Border Force and our police force are cucks, instead of focusing on some real crime they go after softer targets.

ReputationRep:
    Laura Southern and Brittany Petibone are suing the U.K. for refusing them entry due to their political views:

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Banning three perfectly law abiding citizens
    None of them are citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    None of them are citizens.
    They are citizens of certain countries. I honestly don't see what laws they are breaking

ReputationRep:
    They are citizens of certain countries. I honestly don't see what laws they are breaking
    Lauren Southern visited Luton a month ago and wandered about holding up posters saying 'Allah is a gay god'. Why? Freedom of speech does not extend to shouting 'fire' in a crowded theatre. Like those two clowns from Britain First, her main aim seems to be as offensive as possible to Muslims in the hope of provoking a reaction and boosting her viewing figures. Since she campaigns for stronger border controls to keep out undesirable foreigners she will no doubt be praising the decision not to let her in.

Presumably this is some sort of revenge from Canada after we sent them Hatie Cockpins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit teacher)
    Lauren Southern visited Luton a month ago and wandered about holding up posters saying 'Allah is a gay god'. Why? Freedom of speech does not extend to shouting 'fire' in a crowded theatre. Like those two clowns from Britain First, her main aim seems to be as offensive as possible to Muslims in the hope of provoking a reaction and boosting her viewing figures. Since she campaigns for stronger border controls to keep out undesirable foreigners she will no doubt be praising the decision not to let her in.

Presumably this is some sort of revenge from Canada after we sent them Hatie Cockpins.
    I agree Britain First are clowns but Lauren does make some decent points, a lot of people joke with Jesus so why not joke with Allah too? As long as this is not hate speech which isn't since she wasn't hating or encouraging violence against a specific group of people I honestly see nothing wrong with this, she wasn't being Islamophobic towards Muslims so this counts as freedom of speech. But even if this was wrong enough to get the authorities involved banning her from the country for life is simply ridiculous while they allow returning ISIS fighters to have benefits and free council houses.

ReputationRep:
    I agree Britain First are clowns but Lauren does make some decent points, a lot of people joke with Jesus so why not joke with Allah too? As long as this is not hate speech which isn't since she wasn't hating or encouraging violence against a specific group of people I honestly see nothing wrong with this, she wasn't being Islamophobic towards Muslims so this counts as freedom of speech. But even if this was wrong enough to get the authorities involved banning her from the country for life is simply ridiculous while they allow returning ISIS fighters to have benefits and free council houses.
    In fairness if I walked around certain bible belt areas in the states calling Jesus a fag i'd be lynched, never mind deported.

ReputationRep:
    ...they allow returning ISIS fighters to have benefits and free council houses.
    Don't remember reading about this. Could you send me some reliable links?

I still can't think of a single legitimate reason to travel halfway round the world in order to visit a town with a relatively high Muslim population and get photographed holding a poster designed to offend Muslims. I would feel the same way if she stood outside St Pauls Cathedral on Easter Sunday with a poster saying 'Jesus Sucks C0ck', or turned up at Anfield with a sign mocking the Hillsborough disaster. As far as I can see it is her previous actions that have made her unwelcome, not her beliefs per se.

This country has a growing problem with right-wing extremist violence. A murdered MP, two car attacks, a planned terrorist attack on a gay nightclub and a huge increase in violence against migrants, and Muslims in particular. Why do we need someone whose actions may be interpreted by some as encouragement to further violence? Those encouraging Muslim extremism should be banned for the same reason.

ReputationRep:

Shouting ‘fire’ in a crowded building is a safety hazard, calling allah gay is a safety hazard to no one but yourself. Banning someone for being blasphemous is embarrassing; I wonder if the same would apply if someone stood outside a church calling Jesus gay
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Now I know there was more to her argument than that. When I see Leftist give their astonishingly ignorant reductionist view of something using the vile language created by the political correct deviants who have create a whole lexicon of propaganda and stating the person in question were simply trying to ''cause offence'' I know to go and check it out and I'll know I'll find some deeper and more moral purpose behind it than ''duh they are spreading hate and trying to offend Muslims''.

How did we ever get this low that all the left have to do is act like their extremely ideologically skewered lack of understanding of something that causes them to smear it with leftist PC short-hand smear phrases like ''causing offence too Muslim'' is now so prevalent? If you're Left-Wing you can simply call anyone not Left-Wing whatever you want and get them in trouble even to the extend of being locked up.

I really hope more people wake up to these people. But seeing how things are today, the short attention spans of people and their lack on interest in any real study or the truth, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Shouting ‘fire’ in a crowded building is a safety hazard, calling allah gay is a safety hazard to no one but yourself. Banning someone for being blasphemous is embarrassing; I wonder if the same would apply if someone stood outside a church calling Jesus gay
    How the simple it is to get fact it was a social experiment to show the double standard between criticising Islam and Christianity. These people are so cringe. They just talk amongst their tribe, and absolute will not be fair or honestly report accurately to people outside of the PC tribe. All the lingo these people use like ''deliberate insulting Islam just to cause offence'' is simply aimed at other leftists in order to influence and direct the thinking of their readers to believe their prejudice, and turn them against opposing ideas, never aimed to report the truth and facts. That's why we are dealing with with the Left. Despicable underhand dishonesty and deceit on a society wide scale.

It's a religion all over again. Just a secular. In group/Out Group BS. No wonder the people who swallow it are the most obnoxious losers and unstable, jumped up imbeciles you can meet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2018
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.