Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi All,

This Thursday we will be holding an Education Q&A with Graça Martins our Student Experience and Peer Mentoring Coordinator (find out more below).

We'd love for you to ask us any questions you have and we'll be ready to answer them.

Thanks,
    Heather

My name is Graça and I am the Student Experience and Peer Mentoring Coordinator for the School of Education. I work closely with staff and students to develop exciting programmes of study and extra-curricular activities so that our students can have the best possible experience while studying with us.

Applicants often ask me about the student support we have on offer in the School. The Student Experience Team offers a range of academic study skills guidance and wellbeing advice. We meet students on a one to one basis and organise a variety of study skills workshops to help them succeed in their studies. We run a Peer Mentoring scheme where more experienced students provide support to their first and second year peers. Mentors help new students to feel more confident and motivated as well as to improve their learning experience. We also offer students a range of opportunities to work closely with us and develop valuable employability skills that will render then success in the competitive job market.

Here at Herts you can become a Peer Mentor, a Student Representative, a Student Researcher and much more. You can also participate in our Co-Curricular Programme, receive extra certification and graduate with more than a degree.

I would be happy to answer any question you may have as well as discover more about you. What interests you most about an Education degree? What are your future goals?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Graça, what is the most interesting part of your job, and what is the most challenging?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Good morning! I would say the most interesting part of my job is to work alongside students. Many of the projects and initiatives we put in place involve students feedback as well as their collaboration. For example, in our Peer Mentoring Scheme we invite mentors to become Lead Mentors. They support the scheme by working closely with me, by promoting it to other students and by leading some of the workshops we put in place. Of course, this gives the Lead Mentors a great opportunity to develop leadership skills and to feel valuable for their contribution to the School. The most challenging part of my job has to be the fact that the working week only has 5 days. In our School we have developed many support systems and development opportunities for our students but we have so many other ideas that we would like to implement, but as I said the week only has 5 days and there is only so much we can do. However, the great news is that our Student Experience Team is growing and this coming academic year we will be able to grow some of these ideas and we will certainly invite our students to work with us.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi All,

We thought you might like to see what our students say about their Education studies degree:

There's still time to ask us your questions!

Thanks,
    Heather

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.