The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 1 1EN0_01 - 05 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Hey, guys! This thread is for anyone taking the Edexcel GCSE 9-1 English Lanuage Paper 1 exam on the 5th June!

We have 61 days exactly until exam season begins, so let's hope we can all help each other on here...

Scroll to see replies

Supp. Damn exams coming really soon. Are you sure it's 61 days, all schools have exams on the same board on the same day but can have it a different time
Original post by Iahmed512
Supp. Damn exams coming really soon. Are you sure it's 61 days, all schools have exams on the same board on the same day but can have it a different time

Oh. It’s definitely 61 days for me, though. My first exam is May 14th
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Oh. It’s definitely 61 days for me, though. My first exam is May 14th

Oh sorry misread the question, I thought you were referring to when this paper is since the thread is about that.
Oh sorry misread the question, I thought you were referring to when this paper is since the thread is about that.

It’s OK lol. How are you feeling about the exam?
It’s OK lol. How are you feeling about the exam?

Worried, I'm feeling alright but still worried about the English lit but not as much. You should somehow get more people to join the thread, but maybe more people will find it soon.
Worried, I'm feeling alright but still worried about the English lit but not as much. You should somehow get more people to join the thread, but maybe more people will find it soon.

Yeah, I’ll bump it!
bump
Hi Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising
Lads and laddies if you need any tips, I got a 9 in both Lit and Lang last year (and boy were they some fun papers). I remember counting down the days to each one - feels like a lifetime ago. It will seem like a HUGE deal for you all atm, but trust me, A Levels will wipe your memory of any GCSE stress with new stress :smile: :smile:

OK I mean basically don't worry too much :biggrin:
I'd definitely focus on exam technique. Good luck y'all and please choose your A Level options wisely because my god do I regret mine
Original post by bluebells1
Lads and laddies if you need any tips, I got a 9 in both Lit and Lang last year (and boy were they some fun papers). I remember counting down the days to each one - feels like a lifetime ago. It will seem like a HUGE deal for you all atm, but trust me, A Levels will wipe your memory of any GCSE stress with new stress :smile: :smile:

I'd definitely focus on exam technique. Good luck y'all and please choose your A Level options wisely because my god do I regret mine

Hey :smile: I had my English Literature mocks today. I heard a lot of people in my class complaining about the Unseen Poetry section. What would you recommend?

That's a shame lol. I wanna do English Lit for A Level :redface: XD What did you pick for A Level?
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising

Thank youu

do you still have any of your english lit notes??:colondollar:

Did you do lord of the flies by any chance? For poetry did you do love and relationships cause theres literally no revision guides online and barely any resources.
I'm quite concerned about the English Lit exam because even our teacher told us she thinks its an insane amount of work to fit into one 2 hours 15 min paper! Can't be a good sign if the teacher thinks it going to be really hard...
Original post by CactusGirl01
I'm quite concerned about the English Lit exam because even our teacher told us she thinks its an insane amount of work to fit into one 2 hours 15 min paper! Can't be a good sign if the teacher thinks it going to be really hard...

Hey, I did a Paper 2 mock yesterday and I was able to finish with 40 minutes left! Just remember what the timings are for each question, and stick to them.
Hey, I did a Paper 2 mock yesterday and I was able to finish with 40 minutes left! Just remember what the timings are for each question, and stick to them.

okay, great. thanks!
Reply 17
Hey, guys! This thread is for anyone taking the Edexcel GCSE 9-1 English Lanuage Paper 1 exam on the 5th June!

We have 61 days exactly until exam season begins, so let's hope we can all help each other on here...

Oh! Hopefully, we’ll smash them!!!
Reply 18
Original post by Shekeb123
Did you do lord of the flies by any chance? For poetry did you do love and relationships cause theres literally no revision guides online and barely any resources.

Were you doing Edexcel?
hopefully we'll all be alright! Personally, I'm a LOT more worried for language paper 2, though :') Those 7 questions in section A (or 8, technically? since there's a 7A and 7B?) drain the LIFE out of me.

Quick Reply

Latest