Turn on thread page Beta

Can I work part time and have an Apprenticeship? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on an apprenticeship where my colleagues often work part time for other companies or take shifts with their friends etc, and I wanted to now if I could do the same.
    I enjoy my apprenticeship and hope to get full time work in the same company at the end of it, I am only a month and a bit in and have realised the money is good but not quite enough really (compared to minimum wage its pitiful).
    I need some advice on whether or not I should get a part time job as well and be very tired etc but be much better off financially, anyone else currently doing both or wanting too?

Thanks for any responses.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AlexP0606)
    I'm currently on an apprenticeship where my colleagues often work part time for other companies or take shifts with their friends etc, and I wanted to now if I could do the same.
    I enjoy my apprenticeship and hope to get full time work in the same company at the end of it, I am only a month and a bit in and have realised the money is good but not quite enough really (compared to minimum wage its pitiful).
    I need some advice on whether or not I should get a part time job as well and be very tired etc but be much better off financially, anyone else currently doing both or wanting too?

I would suggest establishing yourself there first and get an idea from the people you know doing it and how they manage to fit doing both. Get it under control and then apply for pt jobs so you know you can cope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I would suggest establishing yourself there first and get an idea from the people you know doing it and how they manage to fit doing both. Get it under control and then apply for pt jobs so you know you can cope.
    I appreciate the response, I thought the same thing, I will ponder on it some more before making any decisions
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AlexP0606)

See how you get on at your place for a start. You have only been there for a month.
    Then if you want to get a extra job at somewhere like mcdonalds where you can just do like 1 shift a week or something.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.