Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 3A*s, 8A’s and 1B at GCSE, with my A*’s being in English Lit, Lang, and biology. I’m aware that these are below average for a medical applicant therefore I won’t be considering GCSE heavy medical schools. Obviously it’s hard to determine exactly where I should apply due to the fact I haven’t completed the UKCAT and have no predicted grades but I would appreciate any help!!

Work experience: Volunteering in a dementia centre, a week placement in A&E, and another week in my local hospital in various departments.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idkcaits)
    I achieved 3A*s, 8A’s and 1B at GCSE, with my A*’s being in English Lit, Lang, and biology. I’m aware that these are below average for a medical applicant therefore I won’t be considering GCSE heavy medical schools. Obviously it’s hard to determine exactly where I should apply due to the fact I haven’t completed the UKCAT and have no predicted grades but I would appreciate any help!!

Work experience: Volunteering in a dementia centre, a week placement in A&E, and another week in my local hospital in various departments.
    I made a list of unis whose selection criteria weren't strongly based on GCSEs. Like you said, your UKCAT and predicted grades will influence your choices too and I only had a quick scan so I don't know for certain if these are the best but here you go: http://www.emilystudies.co.uk/applyi...ine-qa/#choice

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, all comes down to the UKCAT(in many cases). For now you could start thinking about what unis you wouldn't mind going to. Compile a list(may end up being most of them), do your UKCAT and see what ones you should rule out-depending on how high it is

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I know I can definitely rule out cardiff (being my closest medical school) which breaks my heart😩 but thank you for the advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.