Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkthename)
    Ooh unlucky, i guess you're trying to get As this time round?
    Oh yeah definitely- guess you can already tell what i'm trying to get in? haha

Anyway, good luck with your exams

am not muslim but just my opinion. Gcses will never come again.And if you miss days you can always make up to it on other days.
    Like another user said,dehydration reduces focus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkypineapple)
    Oh yeah definitely- guess you can already tell what i'm trying to get in? haha

Anyway, good luck with your exams
    Thanks and good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    As you guys may know ramadan is basically starting on the same day gcse exam start this year, and idk what im going to do!
    Is it fine to miss fasting under these circumstances because my friends were saying i would probably get better results if i was fasting (?) . What are other muslims in this chat going to do i need to know otherwise i will have no idea
    Inshallah i will fast. 100%

ReputationRep:
    As you guys may know ramadan is basically starting on the same day gcse exam start this year, and idk what im going to do!
    Is it fine to miss fasting under these circumstances because my friends were saying i would probably get better results if i was fasting (?) . What are other muslims in this chat going to do i need to know otherwise i will have no idea
    It is ultimately your choice, imo I would not fast.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    in my opinion, i think it depends on your priorities and what you think is most important.

I'm going to be fasting during exam season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    in my opinion, i think it depends on your priorities and what you think is most important.

I'm going to be fasting during exam season.
    Yeah priorities are different for everyone i guess
    My friend p***ed me off when he said astaghfirullah because i said i might not fast. But i know he doesnt care either way about his gcses and he doesnt understand that i do

ReputationRep:
    Yeah priorities are different for everyone i guess
    My friend p***ed me off when he said astaghfirullah because i said i might not fast. But i know he doesnt care either way about his gcses and he doesnt understand that i do
    try fasting on your first exam, if you find it difficult then dont do it

or try fasting everyday but apart from your afternoon exams, only morning ones? might be easier?

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like fasting will affect your results don't fast on your exam days. You can always make up for the fasts you missed later on in the year. This is coming from a Muslim btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    try fasting on your first exam, if you find it difficult then dont do it

or try fasting everyday but apart from your afternoon exams, only morning ones? might be easier?
    Yeah actually thats a good idea, i will do both things of what you said

ReputationRep:
    [Not a muslim] But I think that god (or whoever you pray to) will understand if you choose not to fast inorder to get better grades

ReputationRep:
    fast - you'll be doing your mandem a favour by lowering the grade boundaries x

Spoiler:
    Show

jk ramadan tends to coincide with gcses and muslims find some way to deal with it. the advice our school gave (as it was 99% muslim despite not being a faith school) was to ease into fasting so that by the time you're sitting your exams, you're somewhat "used to" running on nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    fast - you'll be doing your mandem a favour by lowering the grade boundaries x

Spoiler:
    Show

jk ramadan tends to coincide with gcses and muslims find some way to deal with it. the advice our school gave (as it was 99% muslim despite not being a faith school) was to ease into fasting so that by the time you're sitting your exams, you're somewhat "used to" running on nothing

Lmao you funny guy, i might do that but only until after school because its better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    I fasted through my GCSE's a few years ago and it was fine - Idk about when my a levels are but if you think its too much just break fast and make it up

ReputationRep:
    I fasted during half of my GCSEs and I was ok for the majority BUT a scholar said that you should try fasting at least once during an exam and see how you feel (maybe try doing a practice paper after having fasting for a day, or during mocks). If you really do not feel that you're able to fast and do you best, do not fast and either catch up on your fasts or give to charity (or both!) Of course if you do decide to fast, it will be difficult but you will get rewards insha'allah but at the same time, hopefully you'll be forgiven if you'll physically unable.

ReputationRep:
    Is Ramadan gonna help you get the grades and secure a good job?

ReputationRep:
    Surely the intent and principle of Ramadan are more important than the time you do it in. You could try to justify fasting in exam days by measuring the positive and negative impacts of fasting, but it’s going to have an effect and I think it’s not worth putting a one-time thing at risk. I’d say fast on the days you can and continue your period of fasting for longer next year, or set another time when you can fast like the summer holidays after the exams. After all, you’re still making the same sacrifice and going through the same pain, but putting your GCSEs at risk is too great a sacrifice in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    what about gcse exams on eid becayse eid is either 14th or 15th of june and thetes examinations both mornings ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    hello fellow humans

i am also doing gases this year and I'm naturally TERRIFIED
    not only because exams naturally stress me out but the thought of doing exams during ramadan in the summer heat is SCARY.
    however, as a muslim, i know that we humans have been given free will by Allah. We decide what we do with out lives - how we live them and the choices that we make. Especially in non-muslim countries like the uk, we are faced with difficult choices such as gcses or ramadan. It would be easy to say that you wont fast but will make it up in the summer holidays - however, many people don't know that you do not receive the full deed of fasting when it is not in ramadan. putting other-worldly things such as exams over your religion really makes you think of what kind of person you are.

Personally, even though gcses and ramadan are almost completely at the same time, I will be fasting this year. I know it will be hard, but when is life not? Choosing my religion over exams shows Allah i care more about the afterlife than this current life. In my mind, this is yet another test from Allah. i mean what the heck r the chances of us being the first year to do pretty much the full brand new exams AND have it overlap with ramadan?! tis a sign my people...

besides, i can't let pieces of paper get in the way of my future - i am strong and independent, and just because i won't be eating for a day won't stop me from reaching my grades! POSITIVITY IS KEY (even though I'm a pessimist 99% of the time lol)

inshallah Allah will help you - we are His creation after all

don't worry guys - you can do it - besides, most of the exams are in the morning or early afternoon - we don't even eat lunch by then!

ALSO GOOD TIP I USED LAST YEAR

eat a banana at sehri - it helps with thirst - I PROMISE!!!

n if ur a girl, u get to miss a week anyway!! (finally helps with something lol)

GOOD LUCK GUYS - DONT LET THE EDUCATION SYSTEM STOP U FROM FOLLOWING UR RELIGION XXXXX
    WE ARE MUSLIM AND STRONG XXXXXXXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student155)
    what about gcse exams on eid becayse eid is either 14th or 15th of june and thetes examinations both mornings ?
    This happened to me with midcourse's last year - went to my exam, then celebrated eid with my family at home afterwards

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.