Turn on thread page Beta

Help!! My question is assess how far the New Deal ended the Great Depression’ watch

ReputationRep:
    So
    My plan is that the new deal never fully ended the Great Depression it made an impact however the little impact it made was insignificant overall.

Does this sound about right?

I plan to discuss the failures of the new deal on
    Women
    African Americans
    The new deal could have never ended the Great Depression because it had so many failures their needed to be a second new deal which highlights that the government knew it wasn’t successful
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ForeverFrench)
    So
    My plan is that the new deal never fully ended the Great Depression it made an impact however the little impact it made was insignificant overall.

Does this sound about right?

I plan to discuss the failures of the new deal on
    Women
    African Americans
    The new deal could have never ended the Great Depression because it had so many failures their needed to be a second new deal which highlights that the government knew it wasn’t successful
    You can argue mist things in History but you will need to be able to back it up.

Think in your essay how you are going to describe the Great depression and also what the finish line might be for ending. You can either give targets or give a retrospective of when you believe these targets were met.

Then youd need a paragraph n what the new deal was.

you could then talk about some of the things it achieved.

You could then talk about some of the things it didnt achieve.

You could then evaluate that and point out the question and where it fell short.

I would then add an additional paragraph on about its importance and other factors that it made to finally end the depression. My reading is it gave time and confidence just long enough so that they were ready when ww2 came along and they were able to take full advantage of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/higher...al/revision/3/

Do more research.

I dont think it was insignificant. I think it was important but wasnt a solution in itself. So I also disagree with insignificant.

Also unsure you should make such a big thing of women and and Africo-American and you should lead with economic impact and the wider picture. Jobs etc.

The point about second new deal is fair.

ReputationRep:
    It’s my coursework and my teacher said I couldn’t have a paragraph describing the new deal as I’d get zero marks because I need to be answering the question the whole way through and description doesn’t do that
    So because my argument is it didn’t much I can’t discuss what it achieved a lot because that won’t get me any marks x
    I’m a alevel btw

ReputationRep:
    It’s my coursework and my teacher said I couldn’t have a paragraph describing the new deal as I’d get zero marks because I need to be answering the question the whole way through and description doesn’t do that
    So because my argument is it didn’t much I can’t discuss what it achieved a lot because that won’t get me any marks x
    I’m a alevel btw
    If you don't define your terms (in this case the depression, the New Deal and its aims) how can you decide whether the latter was successful or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have in my intro xx in my intro I’ve said what my argument is
    Then said this is why I think that which includes looking at the lifestyle Americans had before the Great Depression so the roaring twenties and how unemployment wasn’t high etc then I said the Great Depression happened as a result of the Wall Street crash which had significant economic and social consequences and the new deal was introduced to end the consequences and fix what the Great Depression caused

I have done this in my intro my teacher has said you cannot have an intro and a paragraph describing the Great Depression and the new deal because it won’t score you any marks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I’m a alevel btw
    Well if I were writing it then I would because you are setting your stall out, getting important factual information out of the way and defining the measure of your investigation.

If you are A level and its your coursework , then time for some research.

Whilst I respect the right to have your own argument, be sure to find the evidence for it. I remain unconvinced its the way to go. be sure to be able to back up insignificant and have your evidence ready.

Your argument should be able to withstand any scrutiny. talking about a different view and then providing the counterarguments will get you marks.

ReputationRep:
    As I’ve said above I outlined what happened prior to the Great Depression in the Great Depression and after the Great Depression and the new deals aims
    I’ve done my research
    And I do have the evidence to support what I’m saying
    I’ve addressed my counter argument first

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.