Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Having received my offer to Bath to start in September, I wanted to come on here and see if anybody could answer a few questions that I have.
    During my first year I will be staying on campus - I was looking at Woodland Court. Has anybody stayed here before? How many people do you usually share the flat with? Is it much different to the other accommodations?
    I was also looking at the different societies that Bath has (I know its early but at the open day/my interview the students told us to join some so I wanted to look around :P) and cheerleading took my interest. I have had an interest in Cheerleading for a few years now but I have never done it myself - or anything similar such as dance and gymnastics. I am getting more flexible and am training at a gym (I have been wanting my fitness levels to increase and to become stronger all round) however, is this society competitive? Are there lots of requirements? Do you have to be at a high standard? Again, I know this is premature - but once I think about these things I tend to want to know the answers straight away aha! I also would like the chance to develop some skills necessary before uni - so that if I do feel like it is the right society I do not embarrass myself. I also was wondering if anybody had joined this society before? Is there many teams? What events do you do? I saw online that they have competitive teams - are these people who have done cheerleading before?
    Sorry for the bunch of questions - like I said questions build up in my head and then it gets to a point where I want to know an answer soon aha!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Also does anybody know of any days that I can visit Woodland Court? I wasn't sure if they had a day you could or if it was unavailable until September. When I went to the open day a lot of the other accommodations were open but Woodland Court wasn't so I just wondered? Thanks in advance.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by passionate-study)
    Also does anybody know of any days that I can visit Woodland Court? I wasn't sure if they had a day you could or if it was unavailable until September. When I went to the open day a lot of the other accommodations were open but Woodland Court wasn't so I just wondered? Thanks in advance.
    Hey!

Congratulations on your offer!

I would encourage you to have a look on our accomodation page to see the differences between the different blocks. Woodland Court was very popular when I applied, the rooms are the most spacous and they have double beds and en-suite facilities. In terms of numbers, Woodland Court is made up of eight buildings and each has three or four floors with 18 bedrooms on. I really recommend reading Mia's blog as she has posted pictures of Woodland Court and gives her personal experience!

All of the societies at Bath are really inclusive, you can join most things from beginner so don't worry about not having any experience! With all the societies, there tends to be a competitive team who train but there's always at least one training session open to all with no experience needed! They do not hold trials for the squad, but there may be trials for competition teams. There's lots more information about cheerleading on their society page, but from what I can see, there's nothing stopping you from giving it a go. University is the ideal time to try something new as many others will be looking to do so as well, and belonging to a society is a great way to meet people... Also sport socials are really fun!

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to see Woodland Court. Unfortunately, because all of the rooms are occupied, we need students to volunteer to show their rooms on that day. You may be able to contact admissions to see if there will be a room open in Woodland Court on one of the Applicant Visit Days. You can find their contact details here
    Hope this helps!

Alice
    2nd Year Management

University open days

1. University of Bath
    Main University Open Day covering all Undergraduate faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.