Turn on thread page Beta

Should I end my bulking phase? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been bulking for nearly 3months

Squats gone up from 60kg to 85kg
    Deadlift from 80kg to over 100kg
    Bench from 60kg to 65

Weight from 69kg to 76kg

I don't like how I look in the mirror tbh (except right after gym when I have a pump)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)

Bench from 60kg to 65

Weight from 69kg to 76kg

I don't like how I look in the mirror tbh (except right after gym when I have a pump)

What is your goal, is it to lose weight, or gain ?

Gain muscle?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Cut when you can bench atleast 100kg. Right now you need to bulk

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I'm 65kg and can lift more than you which means if you're going for looking good then it doesn't matter too much you've improved and youll look better if you cut and yeah it's okay to start now but I'd at least get that squat to 100kg and bench to 80kg, you'll look better and youll be stronger of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shish_bish)
    What is your goal, is it to lose weight, or gain ?

Gain muscle?
    Gain muscle,be strong and look good

ReputationRep:
    Gain muscle,be strong and look good

Well I came across sth called .. ketosis ,
    It will help u become lean .
    If u do it while working out at the same time.

And I think u should do more research on the internet than asking these tsr guys

ReputationRep:
    When I saw the title of this thread just now, I rather mistakenly believed it to be mental health-related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    When I saw the title of this thread just now, I rather mistakenly believed it to be mental health-related.
    My bad might change title
    It’s bodybuilding slang

Cutting means eating less
    Bulking means eating more
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No. V slow bulk imo.
    You’ve bulked a bit aggressively given the modest gains achieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shish_bish)
    Well I came across sth called .. ketosis ,
    It will help u become lean .
    If u do it while working out at the same time.

And I think u should do more research on the internet than asking these tsr guys
    Keto will tank your testosterone levels... Its not great without PEDs

ReputationRep:

Bench from 60kg to 65

Weight from 69kg to 76kg

Not surprising really, a 7kg gain in actual muscle mass should result in like a 40/50/60kg increase in bench/squat/dead at least.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It’s up to you really. Considering the slow strength gains I assume the weight you also gained was a lot of fat. You can keep bulking to get stronger, or go on a cut, get weaker but lose the fat. I recommend a body recomp. If you just cut rn you won’t have enough muscle mass to be satisfied with the results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    It’s up to you really. Considering the slow strength gains I assumed the weight you also gained was a lot of fat. You can keep bulking to get stronger, or go on a cut, get weaker but lose the fat. I recommend a body recomp. If you just cut rn you won’t have enough muscle mass to be satisfied with the results.
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Not surprising really, a 7kg gain in actual muscle mass should result in like a 40/50/60kg increase in bench/squat/dead at least.
    I think slow gains were because of programme? I changed to ICF 5x5 halfway and thats where I started hitting PR's everytime

ReputationRep:
    It’s up to you really. Considering the slow strength gains I assume the weight you also gained was a lot of fat. You can keep bulking to get stronger, or go on a cut, get weaker but lose the fat. I recommend a body recomp. If you just cut rn you won’t have enough muscle mass to be satisfied with the results.
    I have decided I am going to go for 100kg bench or 100kg squat and then decide to cut
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think slow gains were because of programme? I changed to ICF 5x5 halfway and thats where I started hitting PR's everytime
    ICF or even Starting Strength are really good programs to start with for strength gains, keep using ICF. You can milk a lot of PR’s out of them. I added over 80kg to my bench using it the first time. By the end of the program my bench was like 130kg and overall on the big 3 lifts I was just over 1000lbs. You got to eat a lot though and always push yourself to add more weight on the bar. You will gain some fat, but you’re trying to build a foundation here.

ReputationRep:
    ICF or even Starting Strength are really good programs to start with for strength gains, keep using ICF. You can milk a lot of PR’s out of them. I added 80kg to my bench using it the first time. You got to eat a lot though and always push yourself to add more weight on the bar. You will gain some fat, but you’re trying to build a foundation here.
    I think my problem might be diet... its hard to get 3300 calories without the temptation to have fast food or cookies. Which makes me feel bad psychologically or when I look in the mirror.

What are good foods?
    I like making omlette sandwiches
    Also Oatmeal
    Cashew nuts (but they expensive af)
    I have a lot of milk
    Protein shake

rest is usually fast food or beans if I cook myself
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think my problem might be diet... its hard to get 3300 calories without the temptation to have fast food or cookies. Which makes me feel bad psychologically or when I look in the mirror.

What are good foods?
    I like making omlette sandwiches
    Also Oatmeal
    Cashew nuts (but they expensive af)
    I have a lot of milk
    Protein shake

rest is usually fast food or beans if I cook myself
    The things you listed sound good. Diet is all about your macros though. You could also probably get away with a lot of junk food if you got a really fast metabolism. Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph?

ReputationRep:
    The things you listed sound good. Diet is all about your macros though. You could also probably get away with a lot of junk food if you got a really fast metabolism. Are you an ecto, meso or endo?
    Idk definitely not meso, I started off as "skinny-fat".

In terms of Macro my targets are 413 carbs, 110g fat, 165 protein. Tbh I dont hit my carbs,fats,protein targets because I thought calories were most important. I do end up getting around 120g protein

ReputationRep:
    The things you listed sound good. Diet is all about your macros though. You could also probably get away with a lot of junk food if you got a really fast metabolism. Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph?
    Apparently somatypes don't exist.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Apparently somatypes don't exist.
    Was waiting for someone to say this. Apparently metabolism doesn’t exist either eh? You can’t deny some people struggle to put on weight, others gain fat too easily, etc.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.